Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lbailey

Thread: Aruba trip 6/25 to 7/6

Aruba trip 6/25 to 7/6

Good morning from beautiful Aruba-

We had a great day yesterday. We had breakfast at Linda's. We decided to take the taxi to Linda's, but walked back to the hotel. I had the ham, Gouda cheese, and mushroom pancake- wonderful, rich, and highly recommended! Ken had the piņa colada pancake (comes with a shot of coconut rum)- also very good. Lauren had strawberries, bananas, and chocolate chips- ate every bite! Kaitlyn had the kids pancake, which came with candy hearts on it. The pancakes and server were great! Talked to a family from Maryland

When we arrived back at the Marriott Hotel, we packed our things and left for the Marriott Surf Club. The bell hop moved our things, which was nice. Our room was not ready (we weren't expecting it would be), so we spent the day at lazy river, beach, and pool. We brought some floats and rafts with us (what a way to spend the day).

For lunch, we went to Seaworthy's Pool Bar at the Surf Club. I had the steak salad (special)- very good, Ken had the fish tacos- excellent, Lauren had the cheese quesadilla- very cheesy and yummy, and Kaitlyn had salad- also very good. We had our share of drinks- can't beat the happy hour- 2 drinks for $15.00.

We got into the condo- 2 bedroom condo overlooking the pool. Ocean in the view. Condo clean and well-maintained. Furniture in good condition. 5th floor in the Spyglass building (I think- number 9 building). Very pleased with the room. I took a taxi to the grocery store to pick up some stuff. Next time, I will take the bus, but did not have time yesterday. Now we can eat breakfast and lunch in the condo.

We went to Simply Fish for dinner. It was a beautiful setting. It was cloudy last night, so we did not to see the beautiful sunset that we had hoped. Service and food were good. I had the swordfish with rice and broccoli, ken had the grouper with mashed potatoes and veggie, Lauren had a Caesar salad and carrots, and Kaitlyn had a Caesar salad and mashed potatoes. We received a coffee cup as a gift.

Some random thoughts
    1. Where is the sun? It has been cloudy since we arrived.
    2. Even though we love the Marriott property and Palm Beach, I think Eagle Beach is prettier- less rocky
    3. Marriott property very well maintained and clean
    4. Staff is great- greetings with smiles, offer to help as needed
    5. Not as crowded as we expected. No problems getting chairs at the pool
    6. Met lots of people from the Northeast part of the states
    Last edited by Lbailey; 06-27-2014 at 07:31 AM.

Aruba since 1979
    i am sure the sun will shine.
    i agree with you re: eagle beach!
    we all apprecciate you taking the time during your vacation to share your story.
    thank you for sharing.

Palm Beach, Eagle Beach, any beach
    We had a year with a lot of cloud cover at the beginning of the trip as there was a tropical storm in the northern Caribbean. It cleared up mid-week, always does.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Have a wonderful trip! Those pina colada pancakes sound so yummy

Boca Prins, Mangel Halto & just about any spot with my little family.
    We also stay at the Surf Club and every year it amazes me that the room is never ready. Let me tell you, housekeeping is literally banging on your door to get you out at check out time so I'm amazed that the rooms are not ready at check in!

Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    I usually eat breakfast in the room but I have to try that Linda's Pancakes I've been hearing so much about..
    Back to Aruba in

Mmmmm coconut rum with my pancakes? Sure!

Hope to hear more about your trip
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ