Aruba Beach
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
Like Tree153Likes

Thread: Aruba Trip Nov 1-15 andrea/paul

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    My heart breaks for the family that lost their child. Some of the staff here at Costa Linda were also talking about it. I'm sorry that we never got to get together. You certainly had a "different" vacation this year, with all of the sickness and entertaining the grand kids. I hope that everyone is on the mend now. Have a safe flight home. I hope that you'll be able to get some rest when you get home. Isn't it crazy when you have to go home to rest from your vacation? That happens to us sometimes when we cruise. Living in Fla., you must feel like you are sort of on vacation all of the time

Trip's over? Time to go home? Already????NOOOOOO!!!! Well, two weeks on Aruba is better than No weeks on Aruba; and youmade your reservation at Bananas for 2017( which is so much closer now, justright around the corner). Leaving should not sting as much this time, seeing asyou have a good idea of when next you will be making another visit to the OneHappy Island. Safe trip back

Wow! Amazed that it's almost over already. I'm sure the illnesses didn't help with the overall feeling of craziness!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

In all my Aruba trips, I have only done 2 weeks once when I stayed at the Divi Golf. For 2017 I'm thinking of doing 2 weeks in September. Look at me, I haven't left for my trip this Saturday and Im already planning for 2017. Typical of Aruba travelers! LOL. Well, I'm glad you made the best of your trip despite the illness and that you made it back home safe and sound.

This is why we are up to three weeks now, two weeks just flies by. Hope you and Paul and the kids all have safe flights home today. Thank you so much for sharing your trip with us.

Hard to believe your trip is over! Thanks for sharing with us, really enjoyed reading your report. Safe travels home!

Andrea - I have enjoyed reading your daily reports...except for you being down so long with stomach issues! Glad to hear you are better and the family is better as well. Safe travels for you and yours tomorrow and hope you can get some rest when you get home!

Aruba since 1979
    Thanks all.
    We r in the crying room.
    Those smug arrivals just arrived looking at us they the glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Thanks all.
    We r in the crying room.
    Those smug arrivals just arrived looking at us they the glass.
    Their time will come...it happens to us all. Thanks for taking us along on your trip.

Aruba since 1979
    a quick wrap up: some thoughts

when one gets sick, even in paradise one would still rather be sick at home.
    numerous folks said to me, "at least you were in aruba". my reply was, i wanted my OWN bathroom, my own bed and my own doctor.

wendys in aruba at palm beach rd ...........each time we were there for my baked potato supper, the place was busy with local folks.
    the local residents LOVE USA fast food. i frown when folks make comments about fast food and how it does not belong on aruba. well,
    imo, the arubans are as entitled to like their fast food just as we do. i read a comment on another forum that said, if you want to eat Wendys or Mickey D, just stay home. to that i say Really?? those darn Wendys baked potatoes saved me.
    (same for dunkin donuts especially at the Alhambra....HOLY COW, the place was packed with arubans and usa folks every evening we went by to get muffins for the morning)

Do not let the thought of bringing an 11 month old and a 2 year old scare you.
    ask for help.
    have a plan.
    feed them lots of healthy snacks on the plane.
    let them enjoy the ocean and the sand for as long as they want and let them nap for as long as they can.
    Aruba with little ones, can be done (not a cake walk) but if one lets them PLAY and enjoy what aruba offers it is very doable.

when the trade winds are absent, all i can say is WOW.

i am still feeling badly that all of my plans went straight to the toilet........paul and i only got to visit a couple of friends.
    all of our plans tht we made for the first week in aruba went by the wayside as I was sick for 4 of those days. then overwhelemd with the kidlets the last 7 days!

plans sent for next november........we will call it a 1 year anniversary of paul's medicare birthday !

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast