Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Aruba Trip Report June 28th-July 8th

Mango Halto, East Coast jeep riding, Palm Beach
    Gaby you are on it it is an awesome house.

Hi. I'm enjoying you're trip report. I'll be in Aruba for the first time in 25 days.. So excited!! How much is the jeep rental??

2 door jeep $450/ week and 4 door $525/week at More 4 Less. Have rented from them 4 times in the last 3 years.

Aruba since 1979
    Trip-planner's photos.

Aruba Trip Report June 28th-July 8th-getattachment.aspx.jpegAruba Trip Report June 28th-July 8th-getattachment.aspx.jpegAruba Trip Report June 28th-July 8th-getattachment.aspx.jpg

Great pictures! Sounds like a great trip so far

I didn't realize the MIO device works anywhere on the island. Another plus for MIO!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    i know that house too.
    when we drive by we always honk the horn and wave to the folks in the pool.
    (really hoping they invite us in)

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    someone on the island said that tom cruise stayed there. I don't know if that's true, I would think he would stay in a more secluded place if he was there (this is when we were there on our first trip). but the buses stop in front of it, lol. maybe it is true. I love the house a few doors down called "le fleur" or something. its a white house, can't really see it. can't get any info about it.

Monday we went to Divi Phoenix to visit some friends. Very nice pool area. Came back to house late afternoon and did some snorkeling out front. With Malmok, Boca Catalina, and Catalina Cove being right here it's really a good area with lot's of fish.

Some of the group went to West Deck again and really enjoyed getting the appetizers again and sharing. My wife and I stayed in and I cooked Ahi Tuna, Caesar salad and left over shrimp and pasta.

Tuesday morning we loaded up both jeeps at 5:45am and headed behind the lighthouse and drove to the edge of the beach to watch the sunrise and have mimosas. It was a cloudy morning so not the best sunrise but still a beautiful morning with great friends. Came back to house and cooked up bacon, eggs, sausage gravy, smoky links, and rolls and spent the rest of the morning at pool. At noon we headed to Palm Beach for cocktails at Bugaloes and then stopped at Scot's Brats and tried the Doc's brat with peanut butter, cream cheese, and jalapeņo's. It was very good. Some of the crew ordered their license plates and we headed back to house for more pool and snorkeling. For dinner we stayed in and made shrimp cocktail, salad, wild rice, macaroni and cheese, and grilled pork tenderloin.

Gaby by I will try to check out Le Fleur.

One week down and one more week to go.

Aruba since 1979
    i am enjoying your trip report/s.
    one of the things about it that i am enjoying is "what was for dinner"
    dinner IN sounds awesome.
    when i cook in aruba, we are basically just warming up something i prepared at home and froze.
    it is usually ok.
    however, your meals sound fabulous!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trip-planner View Post
    Monday we went to Divi Phoenix to visit some friends. Very nice pool area. Came back to house late afternoon and did some snorkeling out front. With Malmok, Boca Catalina, and Catalina Cove being right here it's really a good area with lot's of fish.

Some of the group went to West Deck again and really enjoyed getting the appetizers again and sharing. My wife and I stayed in and I cooked Ahi Tuna, Caesar salad and left over shrimp and pasta.

Tuesday morning we loaded up both jeeps at 5:45am and headed behind the lighthouse and drove to the edge of the beach to watch the sunrise and have mimosas. It was a cloudy morning so not the best sunrise but still a beautiful morning with great friends. Came back to house and cooked up bacon, eggs, sausage gravy, smoky links, and rolls and spent the rest of the morning at pool. At noon we headed to Palm Beach for cocktails at Bugaloes and then stopped at Scot's Brats and tried the Doc's brat with peanut butter, cream cheese, and jalapeņo's. It was very good. Some of the crew ordered their license plates and we headed back to house for more pool and snorkeling. For dinner we stayed in and made shrimp cocktail, salad, wild rice, macaroni and cheese, and grilled pork tenderloin.

Gaby by I will try to check out Le Fleur.

One week down and one more week to go.

Sounds like your having a great time Thank You for sharing ENJOY..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast