Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: ArubaMike Dec 19 - Jan 2

ArubaMike Dec 19 - Jan 2

Flight with AA direct PHL to AUA no problems. Dollar rent a car at airport, smooth. Got to our house rental, a man was there who lives a few houses away, he gave me a quick tour. Big 3 bedroom home private pool.

We brought an old through away suitcase with frozen meat, worked well. Hit superfoods on Saturday to make sure we had all that we need.

Chillen right now at the tamarijn pool as I right this. We buy food and drink coupons it works well. I tip $5 right away as we order lunch. I was given a free pizza and two blended drinks after I tipped.

The pay as u go here is good, u buy coupons at the desk. $5 can be used for any of the following: big Mexican fries, 10 large chicken nuggets, of the frozen non alcoholic drinks. As long as u tip, the bartenders give u free drinks, or they will give u the coupon back, then I buy more drinks and tip more we all win.

It is hot, sunny and I am rocking my T-Mobile free data and unlimited text while in Aruba. I use the GPS on my phone which works well.

All we do is make a quick bf at home, hit the beach like locals, get lunch at the tam, we have a cooler with other snacks beer etc.

Tonight we will try the sulton for dinner, its about half mile from us.

The tamarijn is filled w rocks galore. There are a few blocks that r okay I will check it out and let u guys know. I think it's like 1900 block. Still beautiful here, so no worries, Felix says hi!

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for sharing!

have fun.

re: the Tam and the coupons. interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaMike View Post
    Flight with AA direct PHL to AUA no problems. Dollar rent a car at airport, smooth. Got to our house rental, a man was there who lives a few houses away, he gave me a quick tour. Big 3 bedroom home private pool.

We brought an old through away suitcase with frozen meat, worked well. Hit superfoods on Saturday to make sure we had all that we need.

Chillen right now at the tamarijn pool as I right this. We buy food and drink coupons it works well. I tip $5 right away as we order lunch. I was given a free pizza and two blended drinks after I tipped.

The pay as u go here is good, u buy coupons at the desk. $5 can be used for any of the following: big Mexican fries, 10 large chicken nuggets, of the frozen non alcoholic drinks. As long as u tip, the bartenders give u free drinks, or they will give u the coupon back, then I buy more drinks and tip more we all win.

It is hot, sunny and I am rocking my T-Mobile free data and unlimited text while in Aruba. I use the GPS on my phone which works well.

All we do is make a quick bf at home, hit the beach like locals, get lunch at the tam, we have a cooler with other snacks beer etc.

Tonight we will try the sulton for dinner, its about half mile from us.

The tamarijn is filled w rocks galore. There are a few blocks that r okay I will check it out and let u guys know. I think it's like 1900 block. Still beautiful here, so no worries, Felix says hi!

Here is a good tip, use the waze app for driving directions, it gives the full turn by turn with voice and has not gotten us lost at all. It has found every place so far. Like Google maps it reads my Google calendar that has restaurant reservations so the address is there and ready to go.

We use the Waze App at home but have never tried it in Aruba. We'll give it a try next trip. Thanks for the tip!
    TRIP 15 OCTOBER 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Google maps was working but with no voice, it was good, but it got old looking at the phone. Waze is working just like in the states. I downloaded here in Aruba, the default language was Dutch, switched to English and now its perfect. Good luck!

On jolly Pirates now, rope swing action

Tonight was El Gaucho, I had the Cesar salad, 38 oz steak, creme brulee, now I am super full. It was very good, nice singers at the table, great dinner. Everyone was happy.

The waze app pulled up directions to the new, not yet open, donkey sanctuary so we ended up there, lol. There were donkeys there too, but we left and used Google maps to get us back to the present day home of the donkeys. My kids love it there too.

Be sure to get apples before u go, the donkeys love em. They have a cutting board and nice that u may use. I just grab em myself, then clean it in their sink and put it back. It's a great place and better cause. Been there 2x this trip. We also buy 5 bags or so of food when there. Two each for the kids, and one for me, lol.

U know, I would love to find and buy a cheap condo here, but $$$ will make me wait another 15 years or so. We all love it here. This is my end game, if I live and have the funds.

The beach, people, etc. It feels like home. I have even started to skip driving directions for some spots, so nice when u learn were u are. Soon, I will be leaving home..Aruba....and going back to the States....

OK, this is odd. When I swim here, the ocean tastes so salty. Yes I apparently open my eyes and mouth sometimes in this sea. It seems so pure, clean etc. I love to see the blueness when I swim and I guess taste it. Told u this was odd, lol

Aruba since 1979
    thank you so much for sharing your story.
    did the donkey sanctuary manager/employees say whenthey are moving to their new digs?

The women said they need $80k more until they can move. It's a great cause.

About 20 minutes until the sun sets. Firecrackers are a constant. U can see smoke clouds. Lots of rolls go for 10 mins or so...Chilly a bit on beach now. Brrrr, as I set with board shirts and a cold brew.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast