Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: August 2016

[QUOTE=Andrea J.;302238]"our dog".......glad that you have a new family member
    enjoy your blessing. where will the pup go while you are in aruba?

We have a good friend who has a family member who does pet sitting. She only takes one dog at a time and gives them lots of attention. She is only 4lbs full grown so I didn't want to just throw her into a kennel with a bunch of other dogs. The girl watching her loved her when they met, so that made it an easy decision. August 2016-img_9591-1.jpg

Aruba since 1979
    wonderful
    that little cutie is fortunate indeed!!

[QUOTE=sbatjc;302240]
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    "our dog".......glad that you have a new family member
    enjoy your blessing. where will the pup go while you are in aruba?

We have a good friend who has a family member who does pet sitting. She only takes one dog at a time and gives them lots of attention. She is only 4lbs full grown so I didn't want to just throw her into a kennel with a bunch of other dogs. The girl watching her loved her when they met, so that made it an easy decision. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9591-1.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	6.5 KB 
ID:	5196

Awww . . . those eyes! Cute pup!
    Darlene

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Have a great trip! It will be so nice to have a direct flight not to mention staying over the night before. Just think of how refreshed you will be arriving in Aruba, unlike many of us who have such early wake up times and long days of flying/connections. Of course it is all worth it but still hoping for direct flights one of these days. Did not know about the cigars pretty nice of all those cigar lovers.

Steve, your story is very similar to ours! We went to Aruba for about 4 yrs. before we weren't able to go again for a while. We too came to a bad place in our life and God restored and back we went to Aruba! My husband was so thankful, we found a church to attend and he would also do some preaching. Now we get to go for 6 weeks! My husband has a heart for the addicts and he has a tract he wrote, his testimonie, we go to the streets and minister to those in need. We go in January, it would be great to talk if you would like, have a great trip. Dolores dci14729@aol.com

Day 1 and 2

Day 1: We departed Baltimore without issue on Southwest on our way to Aruba. With flying from Norfolk, or Newport news it’s impossible to fly one way so this was incredible to wake up, shuttle to the airport, get on the plane and land in Aruba!

We got our bags and headed out to get our car from Tropic. I try my best to not be so laser focused that I forget that I am actually in Aruba but it’s hard because all I want to do is get my car and get out of there. We got our car and headed to Mio to get data on our device. Mio was a mad house! I forgot that data fades away at the end of the month. With it being the 1st the place was packed. I wrestled with just waiting till tomorrow but wanted it done so I waited about an hour and got the data. We headed to the Phoenix and our room was ready, dropped our stuff off and then did what I live my life to avoid, driving around aimlessly trying to figure out where to eat. I had the west deck for lunch on our schedule but with Mio taking so long we decided to just grab something easy. We drove and drove until finally settling on pizza at Linda’s. My love is crazy about Linda’s for breakfast and has always wanted to try their pizza so we tried it out. It was just ok. I would say Linda’s for Dutch pancakes A+, Linda’s for pizza maybe a B but it got rid of my moodiness so that worked. We went back to the room and unpacked and took about an hour nap and watched the sunset from our room. I look at Day 1 as efficiency day so after watching the sunset we then headed to superfood to shop. We always conclude our first day at Smokey Joes, it’s been our tradition for at least the past 8 years. I love their dry rub ribs and DW loves the original. It’s always an amazing feeling knowing that everything is done and now it’s time to just relax. We concluded with some ice cream from Baskin-Robbins and then back to the room to sleep.

Day 2: We are here! Day 2 for us is when it finally sinks in! Our room has an incredible view directly facing the ocean and every morning I just stand out there and remind myself how blessed we are to be here. DW probably hears it a million times but I am constantly talking about how blessed we are. I never want to take it for granted!
    Every morning our routine is to take a long walk so we got up and walked down the beach from the Phoenix to the holiday inn then walk through the holiday inn and walk the street back to the Phoenix then do that one more time. It takes some time but we get our “workout” done for the day and get to see the beach wake up. We walked to have breakfast at Dianna’s pancakes. I love savory so I got the bacon and cheese and DW is sweet so she got the apple and cinnamon. DW’s tasted like an apple pie. Great but way too sweet for me. She loved it! After breakfast we were off to the beach. We set up camp and enjoyed the beach for about 2 hours until something crazy happened. It rained, and I don’t mean just a little bit it came down hard and cold. Nothing like we have ever seen in all our trips. We went to the room to have lunch with the hope it would stop. When we thought we were in the clear we went back down but it started again so we went back up to the room. This is a good reminder for everyone, the ceramic tiles are slippery! I fell very hard on my knee. Thankfully I am feeling fine but I did come down hard. We decided to just shower and head downtown. By this time the rain had finished up and we walked around. The downtown was quiet, not many people around. I know people who just arrive to Aruba probably think nothing of it but I do get depressed remembering how alive I feel like the downtown used to be but I always like going down there a few times each trip. Stopped at the pastiche house to grab a couple to hold me over till dinner. One chicken and one cheese and continued our walk. Two Pastechi and a bottle of water for $5. I love feeling like I got a deal and that did it for me. On the schedule for dinner was burgers at Juanchis. To me this is seriously one of the best burgers I have ever eaten! On our last trip we found this place and I probably had 4 of them during our 2-week trip. We walked some more, grabbed Starbucks and then headed back to the room. My knee was bothering me so I took some Advil and we just relaxed. I am only 40 but feeling every bit of it tonight But tomorrow is another day!

Aruba since 1979
    take good care of the knee.
    ice..elevation...wrap it if you can..rest it

where is "juanchis?"

enjoying your trip report thanks for sharing... and wishing that i was there

Quote Originally Posted by sbatjc View Post
    Day 1 and 2

Day 1: We departed Baltimore without issue on Southwest on our way to Aruba. With flying from Norfolk, or Newport news it’s impossible to fly one way so this was incredible to wake up, shuttle to the airport, get on the plane and land in Aruba!

We got our bags and headed out to get our car from Tropic. I try my best to not be so laser focused that I forget that I am actually in Aruba but it’s hard because all I want to do is get my car and get out of there. We got our car and headed to Mio to get data on our device. Mio was a mad house! I forgot that data fades away at the end of the month. With it being the 1st the place was packed. I wrestled with just waiting till tomorrow but wanted it done so I waited about an hour and got the data. We headed to the Phoenix and our room was ready, dropped our stuff off and then did what I live my life to avoid, driving around aimlessly trying to figure out where to eat. I had the west deck for lunch on our schedule but with Mio taking so long we decided to just grab something easy. We drove and drove until finally settling on pizza at Linda’s. My love is crazy about Linda’s for breakfast and has always wanted to try their pizza so we tried it out. It was just ok. I would say Linda’s for Dutch pancakes A+, Linda’s for pizza maybe a B but it got rid of my moodiness so that worked. We went back to the room and unpacked and took about an hour nap and watched the sunset from our room. I look at Day 1 as efficiency day so after watching the sunset we then headed to superfood to shop. We always conclude our first day at Smokey Joes, it’s been our tradition for at least the past 8 years. I love their dry rub ribs and DW loves the original. It’s always an amazing feeling knowing that everything is done and now it’s time to just relax. We concluded with some ice cream from Baskin-Robbins and then back to the room to sleep.

Day 2: We are here! Day 2 for us is when it finally sinks in! Our room has an incredible view directly facing the ocean and every morning I just stand out there and remind myself how blessed we are to be here. DW probably hears it a million times but I am constantly talking about how blessed we are. I never want to take it for granted!
    Every morning our routine is to take a long walk so we got up and walked down the beach from the Phoenix to the holiday inn then walk through the holiday inn and walk the street back to the Phoenix then do that one more time. It takes some time but we get our “workout” done for the day and get to see the beach wake up. We walked to have breakfast at Dianna’s pancakes. I love savory so I got the bacon and cheese and DW is sweet so she got the apple and cinnamon. DW’s tasted like an apple pie. Great but way too sweet for me. She loved it! After breakfast we were off to the beach. We set up camp and enjoyed the beach for about 2 hours until something crazy happened. It rained, and I don’t mean just a little bit it came down hard and cold. Nothing like we have ever seen in all our trips. We went to the room to have lunch with the hope it would stop. When we thought we were in the clear we went back down but it started again so we went back up to the room. This is a good reminder for everyone, the ceramic tiles are slippery! I fell very hard on my knee. Thankfully I am feeling fine but I did come down hard. We decided to just shower and head downtown. By this time the rain had finished up and we walked around. The downtown was quiet, not many people around. I know people who just arrive to Aruba probably think nothing of it but I do get depressed remembering how alive I feel like the downtown used to be but I always like going down there a few times each trip. Stopped at the pastiche house to grab a couple to hold me over till dinner. One chicken and one cheese and continued our walk. Two Pastechi and a bottle of water for $5. I love feeling like I got a deal and that did it for me. On the schedule for dinner was burgers at Juanchis. To me this is seriously one of the best burgers I have ever eaten! On our last trip we found this place and I probably had 4 of them during our 2-week trip. We walked some more, grabbed Starbucks and then headed back to the room. My knee was bothering me so I took some Advil and we just relaxed. I am only 40 but feeling every bit of it tonight But tomorrow is another day!

Sorry to hear about your knee! Best to give it some rest so you can enjoy your vacation. I have to say I kind of enjoy a little rain when we're in Aruba.

Sorry to hear about your knee; ice, elevate it and some motrin.. anti inflammatory.
    Very thankful for your post and may the blessings continues

Thanks for the report. Rest the knee a bit. Keep the reports coming.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast