Aruba Beach

Thread: Back from another wonderful trip - Divi Phoenix 3/28-4/5

Smile Back from another wonderful trip - Divi Phoenix 3/28-4/5

Hi All,

So, here's pretty much my trip report:
    Wake up.
    Go for leisurely jog to Holiday Inn & back.
    Eat breakfast on patio.
    Relax on beach.
    Walk the beach.
    Swim in sea.
    Swim in pool.
    Nap in hammock.
    Shower.
    Enjoy sunset.
    Get dinner.
    Enjoy warm breezy night.
    Sleep.
    Do it all over again. :-)

For those who wanted to know how construction is going at the Phoenix, I've posted some pictures of our recent trip, and there are photos there. It's on the gallery on this site, and here's the link to my pictures: http://www.aruba.com/vbgallery/brows...=3&userid=9442

Personally, I think the new area is looking great! We all loved the new pool (and the lounge chairs in the new pool), swim up bar is fun, and the construction, while still ongoing, was not too much of a bother. The new places look really nice, it's going to be fantastic when it's all finished.

Didn't do anything too different this year, just kept it low-key. We climbed Hooiberg a couple of times, which is a great workout and great views, too!

The water was SO beautiful this trip - super calm and crystal clear. Went snorkeling at Malmok and saw tons of pretty neat fish (big trumpet fish and a some huge starfish, as well). I spent so much time floating on my back in the sea...and I'm firmly convinced it's the single most relaxing thing one could ever do!

Weather was PERFECT. I think it "rained" for 30 seconds the second morning we were there and that's it. 84 degrees, sunny, and breezy with occasional puffy clouds. Ahhhhh.....

Places we went to eat:

Sunset Bistro - we celebrated our anniversary there (got married there on the Phoenix beach 4 years ago). Love the food, love the service, love the view. The Sunset Beach Seafood Treasure is my favorite menu item. Doing the prix fixe meal with the appetizer (escargots - yum!) and dessert (creme brulee - loved it!) made it perfect.

Pam-Pam - Were never there before, but my parents found coupons in the newspaper and thought we'd give it a try. Personally think it's one of the best deals on the island! Lots of really good food in a neat atmosphere for a VERY reasonable price.

Old Cunucu House - We had wanted to go to Nos Cunucu, but it was closed for renovations (was set to reopen Apriil 9). Really enjoyed Old Cunucu House, though. We wanted some "real Aruban food." Hubby got stewed goat meat and I got Keeshi Yena, and both were very good. We're not too picky, though.

The Paddock - Gotta go for Wednesday night's All You Can Eat Ribs ($13). Good price, great ribs!

Most of the other nights we "cooked out" at the hotel with other friends/family. Much fun!

Had to take a couple of trips to the gelato place near the Playa Linda for my favorite coconut ice cream, too.

That's about it. Hope you found something useful here. We're already counting down to the next trip (50 more weeeks to go!).

The pictures are great . Don't know why but they worked from this post.??In front of the new building where the walk way is,is there access to the ocean ,or is it still blocked by the wall that was up during construction?Thanks for the trip report.

Thanks for the review. Sounds like my kind of vacation...relaxing.

Aruba since 1979
    glad to read your trip report!

also happy to hear that nos conucu will be reopening if not already reopened
    AND
    that old conucu was good too. keshi yena and goat stew.....anything more aruban than that!?!

Quote Originally Posted by DANNYO View Post
    The pictures are great . Don't know why but they worked from this post.??In front of the new building where the walk way is,is there access to the ocean ,or is it still blocked by the wall that was up during construction?Thanks for the trip report.
    Danny,

There is access to the ocean in front of the new construction. The only place that's blocked is a small section right in between the new section and the old section where they were putting the hot tub in!

Sounds wonderful I miss aruba, I also went for the Coconut gelato, its terrific

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]