Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Back to Aruba!!!!

Back to Aruba!!!!

Its been a looong 3 months since I have been in Aruba. I had a early morning. Had to get up at 3:30 and went to the airport and found out that my flight in Chicago was delayed 2 hours so the flight crew could get their sleep. They finally took me to Miami instead of Charlot. When I landed in Chicago, they said my next flight was already boarding and I was clear on the other side. I just made it in time and when we landed in Miami, we sat in the plane for 1 hour because there were no gates opened. I really don't understand all the excuses they give you but I just made my Miami flight and I seen my luggage board so I was very happy. Got to Aruba about 3:15 and there were about 3 other planes in. I made it thru quickly, since I can go thru the local line. When we got our luggage, the line was clear back to the stairs you come down to the luggage caracoles. I seen what the problem was. They only had 1 guy letting people out and he was asking everyone questions and even searching some bags. The line was the slowest I have ever seen. Finally in about 15 minutes, they brought 3 others out and these 3 just let everyone go so it really went fast. The warm breeze is really blowing and the grass is all dead so they have not had much rain.

Had to go to Sultans for my first meal for some lamb. Went to Price Smart and got a few things. I should be ready to go in the morning. Time to get to work!!!!
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for sharing kent!
    how long are you in aruba this time?
    Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    Its been a looong 3 months since I have been in Aruba. I had a early morning. Had to get up at 3:30 and went to the airport and found out that my flight in Chicago was delayed 2 hours so the flight crew could get their sleep. They finally took me to Miami instead of Charlot. When I landed in Chicago, they said my next flight was already boarding and I was clear on the other side. I just made it in time and when we landed in Miami, we sat in the plane for 1 hour because there were no gates opened. I really don't understand all the excuses they give you but I just made my Miami flight and I seen my luggage board so I was very happy. Got to Aruba about 3:15 and there were about 3 other planes in. I made it thru quickly, since I can go thru the local line. When we got our luggage, the line was clear back to the stairs you come down to the luggage caracoles. I seen what the problem was. They only had 1 guy letting people out and he was asking everyone questions and even searching some bags. The line was the slowest I have ever seen. Finally in about 15 minutes, they brought 3 others out and these 3 just let everyone go so it really went fast. The warm breeze is really blowing and the grass is all dead so they have not had much rain.

Had to go to Sultans for my first meal for some lamb. Went to Price Smart and got a few things. I should be ready to go in the morning. Time to get to work!!!!

I will be here till Aug 28th. That will go faster than you think.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Sounds like you are settling right back in. Enjoy your stay!

Quite a travel day! Now time to unwind Aruba style
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I went to Salt & Peppers last night with Dr. Dave from the forum. It was really good. I believe its been about 15 years since I ate there. Also the spot right across the road from where the cruise people get off, back in the parking lot is a great local spot for breakfast and lunch sandwiches. Also really great fruit smoothies.

Aruba since 1979
    dave is a nice guy.
    ahh, salt n pepper......we too have not been there for at least 15 yrs too!!
    what did you have to eat there?

the place you are describing near the cruise spot for sandwiches and smoothies....is it over near the trolley garage/barn ? i am unclear as to which parking lot you are referring to?

thanks kent!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    I went to Salt & Peppers last night with Dr. Dave from the forum. It was really good. I believe its been about 15 years since I ate there. Also the spot right across the road from where the cruise people get off, back in the parking lot is a great local spot for breakfast and lunch sandwiches. Also really great fruit smoothies.

We enjoy Salt and Pepper and usually make it there once each trip. Hope Dr Dave is settling in okay.

Kent, we arrive on the 26th and were hoping to get to see you. In any event, we are scheduled with Stuart later in our visit. Enjoy your time on the island!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Kent, you've got a great gig that many of us are envious of. Keep posting
    i bet the island is happy you are back!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast