Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Back from Aruba...yes, the "dissapointed" guy...

the refinery has not been put on the block yet by valero. they've officially stated that its on their list to sell but nothing yet. i doubt petrobras or other drillers out there would want to own a refinery in the current market as refining margins are closed to negative right now. also, if past sales are any indication, refineries are fetching low multplies in the market - thus, valero will probably not sell into it. besides, the aruba plant is a sizable operation processing some 300k barrels a day.

Smile Grittiness?

It's 2012 and nothing even close to what I've read was in 2008. I finally found place to spend most of my vacation time and most likely retire there, at least 6 months out of the year...

Aruba since 1979
    excellent about your hopes/plan to retire to aruba.
    welcome to the forum.

i wonder why you are replying to a 4 yr old thread?

i had to go back to the first post of this thread to find where "grittiness" came into play
    Quote Originally Posted by barkip View Post
    It's 2012 and nothing even close to what I've read was in 2008. I finally found place to spend most of my vacation time and most likely retire there, at least 6 months out of the year...

I love Aruba

I realize I am late in joining this post. But, all I have to say is I love Aruba. From the time I leave the island I am counting down to my next trip. We plan on buying a home there eventually and plan to spend 3 to 6 months in Aruba.

During our first trip to Aruba 9 years ago we got to know a few locals who worked at the Mill. WE fell in love with the people of Aruba. They are the happiest people I have ever met, they are extremely hard working and are so inviting. They told us about the beaches and places that the locals like.

WE have never been appoached by anyone asking for money, or trying to sell us anything. The serenity and peace I feel when I am in Aruba is like heaven on earth.

In six years when we retire we hope to spend 3 months a year maybe 6 months in Aruba. It may not be the greeenst or most lush of the islands. I tell everyone it is a big sandbar. But it is heaven to me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234