Aruba Beach

Thread: Back home but still dreaming

Back home but still dreaming

Spent eight absolutely relaxing days in the sun and sand. No schedule, no alarm clock just doing whatever, whenever. first couple of days the waves at eagle beach were high compared to normal. Saw a few people get knock about because they weren't watching the waves coming in. By Sunday the sea was much more settled and back to the normal calm.

In talking with some of the locals, they say tourism is down and there have been layoffs but we did hear from the management at LaCabana they are having problems finding people to work housekeeping, security and front desk jobs and are having to go through contract agencies to fill positions.

The beaches seemed to have slightly less people than last year but not to any great extent. On Baby Beach the government is putting up huts but the days we were there we didn't see anyone working on them. Still a great beach to go to.

Eagle beach had some sea grass in the first 3 - 4 feet of the water and some small piles of it on the beach but most of that was gone by mid week.

Alll in all just a stress free relaxing week that I wish we could have extended. I still see those blue waters and palm trees in my dreams.

Sounds like a fun time! The govt. has been doing work to lots of the beaches. I know at Arashi they were putting up huts there too!