Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: back home from Divi - Trip report

back home from Divi - Trip report

Quite happy with our trip to the Divi. The food was better than last trip so we didn't leave the resort much although we did enjoy a nice meal at L.G. Smiths and tapas at Salt and Pepper. The plan was to go to Yemanja but they were closed on Sunday so guess we'll have to wait til next time. The highlights for me this trip we're the turquoise blue lizard that ran across my path; the starfish that we're as big as a dinner plate and the amazing circular rainbow that we witnessed. Need to start planning the next trip.

Aruba since 1979
    thanks peg!
    how was the weather?

Hi Andrea, the weather was perfect, no rain. A few of the days were more windy then usual so it actually felt cool when you came out of the water. The Divi was quiet as well so never a problem getting shade on the beach or a place at the pool. In fact most of the week there were available spots at the pool through most of the day. Have you ever seen one of the circular rainbows? It really was something. The sun was in the center of the rainbow. I googled for images and the sites I found said it was uncommon. I know in my 50+ years I'venever seen anything like it.

last time that happened was 10 years ago..pretty cool.

Thank you for sharing.

Did you get a picture of the rainbow? We'd like to see it too!

My biggest regret was not having my camera at the beach. When I got back home and back to work people had doubts! Just google circular rainbows and you will see some good photos.

If you go on the Jolly Pirates Facebook page -Jolly Pirates Aruba - there is one there I believe. They don't say what it is but it shows the sun with a ring around it. You might have to "like" them to do it but then you can also see their pictures of the sea turtle rescue.

Smile rainbow around the sun

/www.komonews.com/weather/faq/4308372.html

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    glad you had a great trip Pegmeister.....hope your next trip will be in November so our hubbies can sit at beach bar together again (lol) remember us? brenda & ray.....glad you tried LG's web love it there. rainbow sounds beautiful...lucky you for seeing such a rare happening

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast