Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: back home from Divi - Trip report

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    Can someone tell me how to post pics. I was also in Aruba (at Divi Links) for the past two weeks and we took some pics of the circular rainbow. I don't think the pics did it justice but they are still pretty nice. If someone can instruct me on how to attach the pics I will post them.

Aruba since 1979
    left side menu GALLERY click

on new page click UPLOAD

make sure that you give it a title

it may say upload failed
    but it probably did not fail

:-)

How to post pics in Gallery
    check the above thread

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Lewny1 View Post
    Can someone tell me how to post pics. I was also in Aruba (at Divi Links) for the past two weeks and we took some pics of the circular rainbow. I don't think the pics did it justice but they are still pretty nice. If someone can instruct me on how to attach the pics I will post them.

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    I'm clearly technologically challenged. I believe I got it uploaded to the Gallery but I still can't figure out how to attach it to the response. Anyway, I guess if anyone wants to see it, they can check out the Gallery. Thanks Andrea.

Aruba since 1979
    lewny's sun photo

Quote Originally Posted by Lewny1 View Post
    I'm clearly technologically challenged. I believe I got it uploaded to the Gallery but I still can't figure out how to attach it to the response. Anyway, I guess if anyone wants to see it, they can check out the Gallery. Thanks Andrea.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails back home from Divi - Trip report-9139-img_1311.jpg  

Aruba since 1979
    click POST REPLY

then scroll down to manage attachments CLICK

then find the photo in your photo place (i have a mac so it is in my Iphotos)

click upload

then go back to the reply screen
    and type in a description

then click submit reply

(clear as mud right?)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    lewny's sun photo

The "rainbow" is actually a sun halo...

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news...4oct_sunrings/

"Ice crystals in Earth's atmosphere cause not only rings around the Sun, but also rings around the Moon, Moondogs and even Venus pillars. If you spot a Sun pillar or halo not long before sunset, be alert for rings and pillars around objects in the night sky a few hours later....Sun halos, pillars and sundogs can happen during any season. "The icy crystals that cause them form in high altitude clouds 5 km or so above Earth's surface where it is always freezing..."

Captain Anthony from Tranquilo explained to us, that these are enhanced in Aruba during the times that the dust was being blown across the Atlantic from Sahara. This weather
    phenomena was occurring at the time that you were in Aruba.

" Saharan dust can be lifted by convection over hot desert areas, and can thus reach very high altitudes; from there it can be transported worldwide by winds, covering distances of thousands of kilometers. The dust combined with the hot dry air of the Sahara Desert often forms an atmospheric layer called the Saharan Air Layer which has significant effects on tropical weather... There is a large variability in the dust transport across the Atlantic into the Caribbean and Florida from year to year. Due to the trade winds, very large concentrations of mineral dust can be found in the tropical Atlantic, reaching the Caribbean..."

Aside from all the scientific/meteorological mumbo jumbo, perhaps we all just got lucky and got to witness another of Mother Nature's gifts...
    I remember being at Passions with the Lady and the young waiter was all excited about it, to the extent of showing us his image of the sunbow on his cellphone.

Pretty cool occurrence to say the least.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Hi Brenda, so glad you posted!! We do plan on being there in November, just haven't figured out the dates yet. Usually it's over Thanksgiving. I'm retiring in August, so I'm trying to decide whether or not to do two small trips or one long one in November.

That is so cool! Thanks for the info Arubalisa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12