Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: back to reality

Glad you had a great trip, are you still having withdawls? Reality after vacation is kind of depressing and is hard to get back into the swing of things. When I get back I will not only have to get back to work, I will have to jump right back into school as the semester will have already begun.

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRosco View Post
    Glad you had a great trip, are you still having withdawls? Reality after vacation is kind of depressing and is hard to get back into the swing of things. When I get back I will not only have to get back to work, I will have to jump right back into school as the semester will have already begun.
    Ok, so I know you weren't asking me that but YES I am still having withdrawals and I've been home 3 months! LOL
    Seriously though, it took a good month for reality to slap me in the face. I didn't want to come out of vacation mode for nothing!
    Curious how long it takes others!!

I think it nevers gets any easier to return to reality after a week in paradise even after doing this a number of times. We will be in Aruba from July 5-12 this year, a bit earlier than we usually go. The good thing is that we still get to go to the New Jersey shore when we get back and still enjoy some beach, but as nice as the Jersey shore is it still doesn't look like the Caribbean...and it certainly isn't a few steps away from our room Well, at least we get to come back again next year.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysmiles View Post
    Ok, so I know you weren't asking me that but YES I am still having withdrawals and I've been home 3 months! LOL
    Seriously though, it took a good month for reality to slap me in the face. I didn't want to come out of vacation mode for nothing!
    Curious how long it takes others!!
    Well, we have been back 24 days (but who's counting) and I am STILL having withdrawals as well. I wish I were back there NOW. I miss Aruba so much. This year we had a wonderful 2 weeks in Aruba, but it still wasn't enough. Oh well, it is time to plan our text trip. We are flying to Topsail Island, North Carolina, but I know it is NOTHING like Aruba. Maybe after going there, we will be going to Aruba sooner.
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Love Aruba View Post
    Well, we have been back 24 days (but who's counting) and I am STILL having withdrawals as well. I wish I were back there NOW. I miss Aruba so much. This year we had a wonderful 2 weeks in Aruba, but it still wasn't enough. Oh well, it is time to plan our text trip. We are flying to Topsail Island, North Carolina, but I know it is NOTHING like Aruba. Maybe after going there, we will be going to Aruba sooner.
    Pat

I was sitting on my beach today wishing I was in Aruba, the sand, water, and the atmosphere just is't the same.... I keep clicking my heels together saying "there's no place like Aruba, there's no place like Aruba" but nothing happened. Actually, today it felt hotter on the Cape than it did when I was in Aruba because there was little to no breeze.
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123