Aruba Beach

Thread: Back to reality

On a lounge chair..In a hut..Somewhere on the beach..

Back to reality

Hi all. We got in Wednesday afternoon. I went to bed Tuesday night pretty convinced that we weren't going anywhere due to the foot of snow on the ground. But after checking the flight non-stop it seemed we were still going. The drive to Newark airport at 5am was the worst part. It was very icy. But we made it, and left on time. The man that checked us in said they rarely cancel caribbean flights so we lucked out. We got there and the sun was shining! We were a bit worried about the rain we have heard so much about. But we got very lucky with beautiful weather. It did rain in dribs and drabs but nothing lasting that long and no day was a wash out. We did encounter some mosquitos, but we took your advice and were prepared with our OFF.
    We ate at Blossoms like we usually do. Than had to crash as we were exhausted!! Got up, went to the beach and pool all day. I went under water, came up and my ear was clogged. I couldn't hear well after that and it would just not go away. So that night we had reservations at Passions. It was a very beautiful setting but I just could not enjoy myself. My ear was bothering me so much. I liked the food a lot, but liked the setting more. We kind of rushed through dinner to go back to see about a doctor. We went to the front desk and they said since it was night time, my only option would be the hospital. I didn't want to do that. Went to bed, woke up on Friday which was the day of our tour with Bully. I still couldn't hear. So we got a doctor who said he could help me and to come in right away. So Bully came to pick us up and brought us to see him. I was there for about 20 minutes and he was able to flush it out and fix it! I guess they probably deal with a lot of swimmer's ear there. Now I was ready for the day with Bully. The tour was great, I wrote about it separately. I LOVED the donkeys so much! The babies are adorable, I just couldn't get enough of them. That was our first time there and I think the sanctuary is one place we will visit every time we go!
    That night we went to Madame Jeanette's. It was great as usual. It was very crowded, but we got a nice table right away.
    Saturday we headed into town. My mother in law and ten of her friends were on a cruise and were coming in for the day. So we did a little shopping and met them as they got off the ship. Took them back to the hotel and hung out on the beach all day. Also met up with Islandgirl that day too. I will say there is a ton of seaweed in there by the Marriott. I have never seen it like that.
    That night we went to Gianni's. This was my second time there. I didn't love it the first time, and didn't like it at all this time. My husband enjoyed his food. Mine was cold and just not good. I was very disappointed. I am not one to complain, but I finally did. They ended up taking it off the bill, which was very nice of them. But I don't think we will be going back there.
    Sunday was our chill day. We just hung out and did nothing all day at the hotel. Read on the beach, met some nice people and at night I played some slot machines.
    Today we got 2 hours of beach time in before heading to the airport. We got through fairly quickly. Now we are back. I can't believe how cold it is here. We had a great trip. Very relaxing. That place is paradise to us. The people are so kind, everything is so beautiful. I did notice how nice and green everything looks from the rain. We are already thinking about our next trip. Maybe August

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for posting!!
    your gianni review is one that we have heard over and over.
    i do not know how giannis can be consistently inconsistent.

again thanks for posting

Such a quick trip It sounds like you made the made the best out of the time you had on the island.

Your welcome. Yes Lisa, way too short. It's hard for us to go for too long since my mom has to watch our dogs. It's a lot to ask to watch 5 of them That's why we are planning to go back in August for another short trip.

Another thing I have to add about Gianni's. Why do they have like 5 different waiters/waitresses per table? We had like 5 different people come up to us asking if we wanted drinks, and we had already ordered them. It's like they don't communicate with each other. And you'd think with all those people waiting on you, you'd have excellent service!

Arubaislove, how bad is the seaweed, I had heard that every morning they sweep the beach and its not too bad...is it all the way down the beach near the Holiday inn and stuff?

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by sunworshipperII View Post
    Arubaislove, how bad is the seaweed, I had heard that every morning they sweep the beach and its not too bad...is it all the way down the beach near the Holiday inn and stuff?
    I am not sure how far down it goes. I had read it was bad by the Marriott so we were prepared. I don't like things touching my feet in the ocean, even if it is just seaweed, it still freaks me out. You will be able to see it right away before you go in. I am glad we bought the water shoes before hand, that is for sure!