Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bagpipes on the Beach

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Hi everybody,

Pipes in Aruba? Did my Scottish heart good to hear about that.

After having to listen all about the latest Irish pub, and where the best places to celebrate St. Patrick's Day are, and on and on, isn't wonderful to know that an advanced civilization (read Scottish) has finally arrived in Aruba?

After hearing this fellow, I just bet hotels up and down the beach will be featuring pipers during Happy Hour. I'm not pushing my luck here, am I?

Have good one,

Glenn

Aruba since 1979
    glenn you are a funny guy
    andrea

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Thanks for the compliment Andrea.

Funny, yes but it doesn't stop there. Smart, thoughtful, handsome...I could go on but anything more would just be crass self-promotion and I'm just not into that.

But Andrea, you didn't answer the question (It was implied, not outright asked.). Would you go to Happy Hour if you knew there was going to be bagpipes? Be honest now!

Glenn

Aruba since 1979
    you betcha
    i would be the first to arrive at ANY and ALL bagpipe happy hirs.

how would the bagpipes sound with a steel pan band?

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Thanks for the compliment Andrea.

Funny, yes but it doesn't stop there. Smart, thoughtful, handsome...I could go on but anything more would just be crass self-promotion and I'm just not into that.

But Andrea, you didn't answer the question (It was implied, not outright asked.). Would you go to Happy Hour if you knew there was going to be bagpipes? Be honest now!

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    Wow, and I feel self conscious about annoying other people by playing guitar on the beach.
    Chadd,
    Maybe it's not the guitar playing that makes others look at you...ever consider it's what you are playing and if you are tune or not ???

BTW....I am just kidding...
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    Chadd,
    Maybe it's not the guitar playing that makes others look at you...ever consider it's what you are playing and if you are tune or not ???

BTW....I am just kidding...
    Nothing drives me crazy more than a guitar that is out of tune, I spend a lot of time checking the intonation on all of my guitars (seven at last count) every month. My playing is always in tune, it's my singing that induces pain.

Hi Andrea,

I just noticed that you might be in Aruba when we are there. We're booked in at The Mill from Friday, Jan.15 - Mon. Jan.25, 2010.

It would be great if we could meet. We should, of course, move this to the "Meet me in Aruba" section.

Bagpipes and a steel drum band in the same place? We'd have Happy Hour all to ourselves! Lol.

Glenn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12