Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: batten down the hatches, aruba.....

Bully would probably tell you "what happens in Aruba, stays in Aruba" but I know for a fact that he is keeping a close eye on them.
    [/QUOTE]

HA HA This made me giggle, what a wonderful caring forum this is....
    Looking forward to trip #3

well....they are officially stuck in aruba......AND COMPLAINING ABOUT IT!!!!(I AM IN HE// HERE..LOL).....their flight was cancelled and she is flipping out. took me ten minutes to calm her down. i have her right now going down to the front desk to see if they can stay there until thursday. then i am gonna send her to the airport to speak to continental directly.....wish me luck....i have never had to do this(why couldn't I ever get stuck on a tropical island and not be able to get home????.....)so if anyone has advice...let me know.

Nikko a few friends that are pilots are stuck here till thurday as no planes leaving for north east. Another friend bringing plane from boston today and as of now they are not heading back to north east until thursday. I hope wife makes it here on thursday. If they need anything or want a late lunch on me pm me there names and we will take care of them..

Aruba since 1979
    i am hopeful that your mom and aunt will not have any problem with accommodations but i hope they do not have to "pay thru the nose" aka rack rates :-(

please keep us posted.

mark---thank you! how kind!! i hope your wife makes it there safe.

andrea---my aunt, god love her already said in the background "we should just go to the airport and sleep there...people do it all the time!" lol i am on hold right now with continental....i have to call mom back in a few to see if they have a room till thurs. if not...i will be calling all over trying to find a room. this is the most exhausting vacation i never took!!!!

I wish I HAD to stay in Aruba. hahaha Oh Bless them, I hope all goes well. Keep us posted. Do they have travel insurance? If so does that cover any of the cancellation? Good Luck!!

i talked to continental and right now they have my mom on saturdays flight...not sure about aunt...i didnt have her confirmation #. they are going to the airport now to try to get on thursday's flight instead(WHY??????LOL) divi said they can stay in that room until thurs...200.00 a night.(rack rate) so mom is gonna go back and see if they have a studio cheaper(they are in a 1 bdrm golf villa). once they get a confirmed date for a flight i will start looking for another room if they need it.

she is freaking out and mad!!!!(LOL) i dont understand.....she is retired, has nothing better to do and this is somehow the end of the world to her. my husband has said we will from now on be traveling in winter so WE can get stuck there...lol

oh and aunt's latest comment...."last time i stayed at the hyatt i paid 125.00 a night! we should call them!" WHEN WAS THAT??????? IN 1942??????? i hope they call....lolololol

pray for me........lol

Aruba since 1979
    omg.
    they need to have a drink or 10 and chill.
    do they have trip insurance?
    if so, maybe there is something in it that will cover hotel...food .
    please tell me they have trip ins?!!

Nikko, I am happy not to be in your shoes.

Been there, done that.
    From a similar experience with my father in law, sometimes it is best to allow them to take care of the situation there on the island themselves. No matter what you do, if they want "out" of there they are not going to be happy campers.

Hopefully someday the three of you will be able to sit and laugh about it.

BTW, if your Aunt gets that room at the Hyatt for that rate, let us know and those of us that can get out on the next flight will be there to join them!

Aruba since 1979
    per my kid "if momma ain't happy, nobody's happy" (substitute the word aunt)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast