Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Beach bumming, boozing and broadcasting for 8 days in Aruba July 12th - July 20th

Thanks for the update. I am surprised at the amount of rain reports this July, I saw it rain as well and I almost never see rain. The one great thing is it typically is just during the night or first thing in the morning it rains. Have a great day on the beach today and take a nap for me, I am tired already.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Rained through the night and into the morning. Thought about swapping out the car for a jeep but in the end decided against it as we kind of like the car. So far I've only spent 20 dollars on gas and its right back to the level we got it at. Anytime I've gotten a cheap it just drinks gas. Went to the animal shelter this morning. They had more kittens than I have ever seen there. I counted 13 but they are difficult to really count because kittens are so active. They also had a bunch of cute little puppies. If any of you have like the onehappypodcast facebook page I have posted some photos there. I also have some cool videos but they won't be posted for quite a while. Stayed there for about an hour this morning.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Loving your report. Every time I read others reviews it makes me want to go back NOW!!
    Give the puppies hugs/kisses for me (kitties makes me sick..so do that from a distance)

Aruba since 1979
    thank you so much BurghBoy for your reports.

here is the link to the FB page One Happy Podcast
    https://www.facebook.com/onehappypodcast/?fref=ts

Stopped at Don Pestechi to pick up lunch. You get a ridiculous amount of food for little money there. I got 6 pastechi, 4 cheese balls and 2 drinks for 12 dollars. Couldn't even eat all of the food. A torrential downpour started not long after we decided to go play in the water. Figured we were already wet so we stayed in the water. Sky didn't look too promising so we decided to leave to go to Arubian Tastes rum shop. So we rinsed off and changed but lo and behold the weather started to turn. Instead of going to the rum shop we ended up at Eagle beach for a phenomenal day. Had to leave early because we had reservations at Terrazza Italiana for 6:30.

Dinner was great, just took too long to get the bill at the end. Went to Bugaloe after that for karaoke and a couple of cocktails. I posted some Facebook live videos from there, then decided to stop since I didn't want to immortalize anyone for being a bad karaoke singer... is that even a thing? Did a taco truck late night. 2 chicken tacos, 2 fish tacos and an order of chicken nachos were I think 16 dollars. No bad for the best Mexican food on the island. Hint: they are the same people from Chihuahuas in Palm Beach. Pretty sure taco truck money funded the restaurant opening.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Aruba since 1979
    thanks
    the food sounds fabulous.

what did you and maggie have to eat at Terraza Italiana?

has the weather been wetter than what you have experienced before in aruba?

thanks for taking the time to share your story

angain, thanks for sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by burghboy View Post
    Stopped at Don Pestechi to pick up lunch. You get a ridiculous amount of food for little money there. I got 6 pastechi, 4 cheese balls and 2 drinks for 12 dollars. Couldn't even eat all of the food. A torrential downpour started not long after we decided to go play in the water. Figured we were already wet so we stayed in the water. Sky didn't look too promising so we decided to leave to go to Arubian Tastes rum shop. So we rinsed off and changed but lo and behold the weather started to turn. Instead of going to the rum shop we ended up at Eagle beach for a phenomenal day. Had to leave early because we had reservations at Terrazza Italiana for 6:30.

Dinner was great, just took too long to get the bill at the end. Went to Bugaloe after that for karaoke and a couple of cocktails. I posted some Facebook live videos from there, then decided to stop since I didn't want to immortalize anyone for being a bad karaoke singer... is that even a thing? Did a taco truck late night. 2 chicken tacos, 2 fish tacos and an order of chicken nachos were I think 16 dollars. No bad for the best Mexican food on the island. Hint: they are the same people from Chihuahuas in Palm Beach. Pretty sure taco truck money funded the restaurant opening.

Where is Don Pestechi? I tried Google but kept getting info on the pastechi house.
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. Trip #8 coming November 2017!

Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    thanks
    the food sounds fabulous.

what did you and maggie have to eat at Terraza Italiana?

has the weather been wetter than what you have experienced before in aruba?

thanks for taking the time to share your story

angain, thanks for sharing.
    More rain that usual but not enough to be a hindrance. I had seafood soup, grouper with a mushroom sauce and shrimp risotto. Maggie had pasta fagoule and tenderloin medallions with a fettuccini Alfredo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Correct. The people inside were really nice.

Aruba since 1979
    Oooo that sounds delicious.
    Thanks

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast