Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Belated Trip Report

One other question about your camera.How deep can you go with it,I see it has a waterproof casing?I dive when I'm in Aruba just wondering if it would be used for diving or just snorkeling. Thank You

Got my own answer its only good to 3 meters...15 feet.
    Thank You
    May just but one just for snorkeling GREAT PICTURES
    Last edited by DANNYO; 04-13-2010 at 02:24 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    from PENTAX page
    so not good for SCUBA but obviously marvelous for snorkeling.

Waterproof
    Waterproof design withstands depths up to 16 feet (5 meters) to protect from rain and spills, as well as allowing full underwater photos and video.

I just posted some video too of the turtle on the flikr page. enjoy!

Yes, great pictures, and glad you loved the island. It is the bad part of the island to leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i have to say your photos of your snorkeling are undoubtedly the BEST that i have ever seen.....................EVER SEEN.
    I have to agree with Andrea that these are the best snorkeling pictures I have ever seen from Aruba.Great Pictures.Hey Kent if your out there heres a new snorkel buddy for you.

Aruba since 1979
    i am going to PM kent and have him take a look at this thread and photos.

Smile

Andrea, Thanks so much for the PM. We are spraying lawns like crazy so I don't have time to look at the boards as much as I would like. I'm glad the first time to Aruba went great. We also stay at the Surf Club but I only snorkle Mangel Halto but I have water scooters that pull you so we go clear over to the Island with a little bld on it. The water scooters pull you back into the current. If you like snorkling that much, I would love to hook up with you. I will be in Aruba June 26 thru July 17th and then Jan 25th thru March 15th. Please e-mail me direct because I would love to know about your room. Do you own or how did you get it. Here is my e-mail. kentgerber@adamswells.com
    As far as a under water camera I have flooded so many so I bit the bullet and bought a $400 underwater camera that doesn't have a case. Its the best camara with 12 mega pixels and you can use it on top of water or under neath. Its a Olympus 8000. Best camara I have ever owned. I really need to post some pics from the last trip and also some bonaire pics. I always forget how to post them so I dread doing it. If you are really interested, e-mail me direct and I will e-mail them to you. Your pics and trip report was awsome!!!!!
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Smile

Dannyo, Send me a e-mail and give me your dates and maybe I can help you out again this year. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by kent View Post
    As far as a under water camera I have flooded so many so I bit the bullet and bought a $400 underwater camera that doesn't have a case.
    We had an older model of the Pentax and disaster struck on our second day in Aruba. It flooded!! We went to Boolchands in downtown Oranjestadt and they carried the same model in a newer version. Not too much more expensive than here in the US. They were very helpful there. Great camera shop!

Great report Fantastic pictures
    Next Aruba trip in

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast