Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Blossoms and the Westin

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,931
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    I don't see how Blossoms can survive the interim until the hotel reopens. As unfavorable as the deal to leave may have been, it was the restaurant's best chance at survival.
    Yup, they do realize that they will have to go. They are looking at what options they have (renovating their other location to incorporate the Hibachi area) and working with their lawyer.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

  2. #12
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,900
    what/where is the "other location?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Yup, they do realize that they will have to go. They are looking at what options they have (renovating their other location to incorporate the Hibachi area) and working with their lawyer.

  3. #13
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,900
    yes you are right andy
    and if the restaurant does survive the hotel's shutdown/renovation……….that hotel will be a riu all inclusive property. how many would go to the Blossoms and "pay" for dinner?
    those that do all inclusive do it so they do not have to spend $ on food or beverage.
    there are some folks that do go off site for a meal or 2 but that imo is infrequent.

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    I don't see how Blossoms can survive the interim until the hotel reopens. As unfavorable as the deal to leave may have been, it was the restaurant's best chance at survival.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    yes you are right andy
    and if the restaurant does survive the hotel's shutdown/renovation……….that hotel will be a riu all inclusive property. how many would go to the Blossoms and "pay" for dinner?
    those that do all inclusive do it so they do not have to spend $ on food or beverage.
    there are some folks that do go off site for a meal or 2 but that imo is infrequent.
    Oh Ya...I forgot that part! The Riu told them that if they chose to stay and be part of the new all inclusive Riu, they could get paid $12 per person! Obviously, the owner can not make a living on that amount of money.

    His other location is J.H. Yees, which has one outside Hibachi but its not the same atmosphere for the Japanese food. He acknowledges that that restaurant doesn't feel like "Blossoms" and one of his considerations is to amalgamate the two locations/concept. Whether he would call it Blossoms, I forgot to ask. I am not really sure he has a definitive plan at the moment as he is just so upset about the situation. IMO, the Riu is a huge company and could easily afford to pay this man the money to buy out his lease and let him move on!! So sad....
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

  5. #15
    Senior Member arubabob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Posts
    1,202
    I don't know what the laws in Aruba are, but here, any lease would have to be settled before a property could change hands. Otherwise the lessor could file a lean on the property. Usually the seller, knowing the buyers intentions, negotiates with the lessor for a settlement. I would not think the Aruban legal system would allow this to happen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO