Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: Brad & Deb's 2016 Trip Report!

Nice report. Even though I've never use them, I like to see people using the resort grills.

Aruba since 1979
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Nice report. Even though I've never use them, I like to see people using the resort grills.

ace since you mentioned the grill, i want to comment.
    many folks use the wire brush to clean the grills. (example: lacabana will provide the grilling equipment as do other resorts)
    after you brush down the grill with the wire brush.........wipe the grill thoroughly with a damp cloth.
    this will remove any leftover wire pieces from the brush.
    there has been a lot of press lately about folks being taken to the ER with GI and throat wounds from ingesting the little pieces of wire from the brush.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    yes about the anniversary celebrations. when we go in May it is in clebration of our April wedding anniversary.
    our November trip will be to celebrate paul's 65th birthday

Our Nov. trip will be my husband's 65th birthday also. We always go in Feb. so this will be quite a change for us.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Brad and Deb, thanks for the updates. Your vacation sounds very relaxing. The snapper that you fixed sounds delicious. We love Barefoot also. We love the laid back vibe and watching the locals enjoying the beach there.

Thanks for the updates. Sounds like we all celebrate our anniversary in Aruba when its works best for us. We are renewing our vows to celebrate our 20 years in August, our actually anniversary was 2 weeks ago. Have fun in the sun today.

On a side note......I have the Samsung s7 edge phone. I always put my phone in a zip lock bag. Came off the beach on Monday, had it in my bathing suit pocket. ...forgot! !!! Hopped myself into the hot tub..about 30 seconds later..I had an "oh poop" moment! ! Hopped out..realized I had also not sealed it...phone soaking wet. Frantically dried it off...worked great! Now. I know it's not the same as Lil' John pouring champagne on it like the commercial. ..but I'm still impressed.

Also very impressed with the wifi calling from Verizon. .talk (you must originate call ) and text on wifi for free....works great..fyi..gotta activate prior to leaving the US. Pm me if you have any questions or help!

Monday and Tuesday reports coming!

Aruba since 1979
    uh oh... poop moments

you were so very fortuate.
    glad to hear it is working great. fingers and toes crossed that it continues.

love the wifi calling. it usually works great. when in aruba we do a lot of skype and facetime.

looking forward to more of your aruba story

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bradrobster View Post
    On a side note......I have the Samsung s7 edge phone. I always put my phone in a zip lock bag. Came off the beach on Monday, had it in my bathing suit pocket. ...forgot! !!! Hopped myself into the hot tub..about 30 seconds later..I had an "oh poop" moment! ! Hopped out..realized I had also not sealed it...phone soaking wet. Frantically dried it off...worked great! Now. I know it's not the same as Lil' John pouring champagne on it like the commercial. ..but I'm still impressed.

Also very impressed with the wifi calling from Verizon. .talk (you must originate call ) and text on wifi for free....works great..fyi..gotta activate prior to leaving the US. Pm me if you have any questions or help!

Monday and Tuesday reports coming!

Love reading your holiday reports.
    http://www.homeaway.com/4118789
    Please visit our Homeaway site.
    Our lovely Aruba home is available for rent.

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary. Sounds like your vacation is wonderful. Have a drink for all of us and enjoy.

Day 6-Monday -More palupa time in the morning. Did a bit of walking on the beach and again we liked how things really seem to be not crowded at all, really makes things relaxing and peaceful.
    We decided to cook tonight. I ran to Superfoods.. was thinking about their marinated BBQ chicken but found a page of 2 really nice Angus tenderloin steaks for $22 (US). I grabbed a couple potatoes to bake, some fat free Greek yogurt. .already had butter, salad..etc. Wasn’t feeling complete…so walked out of Superfoods and down to Daily Fish. They didn’t have any shrimp skewers. .but I got 6 large black tiger shrimp($11us).
    Finished the day on the beach..and a bit of pool time for me…..obviously too much time In the Ocean as I am toasty roasty on the upper chest and back!
    Went out to the grills after dark, put some butter, garlic, pepper and olive oil on both the tenderloin and shrimp . Grilled the steaks to med rare,threw on the shrimp for a couple min…wow..awesome surf and turf,baked potato and salad. …awesomeness for about $35
    Drinks and relaxing time while cooking at the grills..nightcaps on the balcony ..laughs about the day of people watching ..always good times

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast