Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: Brad & Deb's 2016 Trip Report!

Really enjoying your trip.... for the grill thank you for the heads up. Think I will stop an the dollar tree and get a brush
    Also I saw you can roll up some foil paper in a ball; take the tongs and clean it too..
    Very cleaver doing cooking the meals on the grill.

Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Really enjoying your trip.... for the grill thank you for the heads up. Think I will stop an the dollar tree and get a brush
    Also I saw you can roll up some foil paper in a ball; take the tongs and clean it too..
    Very cleaver doing cooking the meals on the grill.

It's amazing how much wonderful plain and pre-marinated meat that Superfoods has, bbq,spicy,pesto..etc. Makes for fast and easy cooking options!
    Last edited by bradrobster; 06-23-2016 at 05:57 PM.

What a great meal. Just as good as any restaurant. Thanks for the great reports.

Day 7 – Tuesday. ..ok ..this is MJ’S day so eating schedule is adjusted accordingly!
    Light breakfast in the room. ..little bacon and a fried egg and toast….did this early so lunch would not interfere with the appetite for MJ’S.

Boring usual palupa and pool time..but isn’t that what vacation is all about? ?

Lunch..hmmm..ok went to Waves over at the Marriott hotel again. Love that we can charge to the room there.
    Interesting story…was checking out on Sunday lunch there and our waiter Gabriel, said” Mr. Robinson, I see that you are a Silver rewards member and a Vacation Club owner..I have given you your 10% discount and thank you for your Marriott loyalty “

……..mouth…drop…

I looked up at his name tag and said “Gabriel. …I have been an owner for 15 years…I have been to Aruba and stayed with Marriott 10+ times… no person has ever said that to me!!!!

I have already mentioned this to Ocean Club Management… but will be sending email and letting management in Marriott hotel know..this was very special to us!

Ok..on to MJ’S. .. 8pm reservation. ..seated quick. .congratulated on Anniversary . Ordered Tuna appetizer off specials menu...Deb ordered the Asian sea bass …wow!
    I ordered the shrimp casserole…equally amazing…they gave us a small chocolate mouse for our anniversary desert.. all very good. .total of about $135ish with tip

Back to the Ocean Club for balcony nightcaps and laughing debrief of the day!

Aruba since 1979
    had you never been given your 10% before?

MJs sounds delicious

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by bradrobster View Post
    Day 7 – Tuesday. ..ok ..this is MJ’S day so eating schedule is adjusted accordingly!
    Light breakfast in the room. ..little bacon and a fried egg and toast….did this early so lunch would not interfere with the appetite for MJ’S.

Boring usual palupa and pool time..but isn’t that what vacation is all about? ?

Lunch..hmmm..ok went to Waves over at the Marriott hotel again. Love that we can charge to the room there.
    Interesting story…was checking out on Sunday lunch there and our waiter Gabriel, said” Mr. Robinson, I see that you are a Silver rewards member and a Vacation Club owner..I have given you your 10% discount and thank you for your Marriott loyalty “

……..mouth…drop…

I looked up at his name tag and said “Gabriel. …I have been an owner for 15 years…I have been to Aruba and stayed with Marriott 10+ times… no person has ever said that to me!!!!

I have already mentioned this to Ocean Club Management… but will be sending email and letting management in Marriott hotel know..this was very special to us!

Ok..on to MJ’S. .. 8pm reservation. ..seated quick. .congratulated on Anniversary . Ordered Tuna appetizer off specials menu...Deb ordered the Asian sea bass …wow!
    I ordered the shrimp casserole…equally amazing…they gave us a small chocolate mouse for our anniversary desert.. all very good. .total of about $135ish with tip

Back to the Ocean Club for balcony nightcaps and laughing debrief of the day!

I think we may have gotten it 10 years ago or so on one of our "add a few days onto our stay" visits but i think i had to show my silver rewards card. Gabriel apparently could look us up by our room and not only gave us the discount without asking but also thanked us for our Marriott loyalty. You can only get the discount at hotel properties i think... very nice of him to do!

Wow, I'm amazed! We always get a 10% discount card at Surf Club when we check in that is good all over the Marriott campus (Surf, Ocean, Stellaris). This last time we checked out 4 days before coming home and the card was good for the entire time, even when we were staying at the Holiday Inn. I'm really enjoying your reports and activities. We like to eat in on occasion, but have only used the grills a couple of times. We use the "it's our birthday or anniversary" every time we go somewhere. We usually are there for some occasion, but it sometimes pays big to let the people know when you make reservations or walk in.

Was wondering dumb questions... what type of grills do they have. Charcoal or gas.

Aruba since 1979
    lacabana has propane gas
    Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Was wondering dumb questions... what type of grills do they have. Charcoal or gas.

Would you happen to know about the Tropicana? Started to pack and like cj stated; I am unpacking again and removing more stuff daily..
    Lou can always do laundry too. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    lacabana has propane gas

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast