Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: Brad & Deb's 2016 Trip Report!

Chocolate mousse yummyyyyy happy anniversary...
    http://www.homeaway.com/4118789
    Please visit our Homeaway site.
    Our lovely Aruba home is available for rent.

Aruba since 1979
    cathi , if the trop has grills, i am sure that they are propane.

Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Would you happen to know about the Tropicana? Started to pack and like cj stated; I am unpacking again and removing more stuff daily..
    Lou can always do laundry too. lol

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Wow, I'm amazed! We always get a 10% discount card at Surf Club when we check in that is good all over the Marriott campus (Surf, Ocean, Stellaris). This last time we checked out 4 days before coming home and the card was good for the entire time, even when we were staying at the Holiday Inn. I'm really enjoying your reports and activities. We like to eat in on occasion, but have only used the grills a couple of times. We use the "it's our birthday or anniversary" every time we go somewhere. We usually are there for some occasion, but it sometimes pays big to let the people know when you make reservations or walk in.
    Walt..you are correct about the vacation privileges card they give you for stopping by the desk wherethey try to get you to do the 90 min presentation. We do use that..I was really more taken aback that our waiter would take the time to look at our account and see we were silver members and owners. When I talked to one of the mgrs..he was impressed that Gabriel took the time to look up and mention. He said with normal volumes..they may not have time. We always seemed to eat later when the rush had calmed...either way..very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Would you happen to know about the Tropicana? Started to pack and like cj stated; I am unpacking again and removing more stuff daily..
    Lou can always do laundry too. lol

So here is a funny. .the other night at the Ocean Club grills, this guy helped me with one of the grills I was having a problem with starting. Got it started up and looked over at him and his grill..he had a carry on size roll suitcase..opened up with every grill tool, aluminium foil, lighers,candles...everything. ..all I could say was "wow..you could ever prepared "!

Aruba since 1979
    must have been a boy scout
    Quote Originally Posted by bradrobster View Post
    So here is a funny. .the other night at the Ocean Club grills, this guy helped me with one of the grills I was having a problem with starting. Got it started up and looked over at him and his grill..he had a carry on size roll suitcase..opened up with every grill tool, aluminium foil, lighers,candles...everything. ..all I could say was "wow..you could ever prepared "!

Day 8 -Wednesday and Day 9 Thursday (last full day)

Combining these days because they are virtually identical…yeah..I know….trying not to be boring!...so..yesterday (Wednesday ) Deb and I already decided that we had needed this vacation so bad..that we were going to stay out on the beach till sunset the last couple of nights, grab some hot tub and pool time and make dinner a quick and easy 2nd priority.
    We did that! So Wednesday night after the sunset, Deb and I were 2 of 5 people in the entire Ocean Club pool….it was great! Just relaxing in the pool with a drink..talking …laughing. ..enjoying the last rays of sunset! It was like everyone else had gone up to get ready for dinner. .very quiet….nice!

Went back to Casa Tua for a quick dinner…awesomeness again. .Deb got sausage and broccoli Rabe pasta. ..I got the margarita Pizza. .couple of drinks and couple of glasses of wine $55 ish

Back to the balcony for a nightcap and daily laughing debrief. .

Thursday – THE LAST FULL DAY ( said with dramatic tone )
    Most of the day on the beach..got the 500’s palupas ..so back from the crowd. .I need the extra 18 steps to the Ocean anyway. .lol

I tried to convince Deb I was doing the Mediterranean diet! Tons of fish eating (in my mind fried calamari counts)…lots of olive oil. …lots of raw tuna…right…….??? (Insert support here) had tuna poke at at Waves Today..wow..fresh!

Did the Ocean with Deb till sunset. ..tiny bit of hot tub time (And very windy today) ..little bit of pool time. Went up packed and ran out to Casa Tua. .yes again. .awesome meal. .very quick and easy…Deb got the clams linguine. .me..the bolonase again $55 total and back to Ocean Club for final packing and drinks on balcony. Nice reflection on the past week and do plans for next trip!

Flight home tomorrow…sad as always. .trying to be more reflective on all that was great and all that we have to look forward to. ….

Will have a wrap up upon return to home. .so thankful for letting us share our special time with all of you!! --determined to be back next year!!

Brad & Deb

Love those relaxing beach days! We love pool time when most others are at dinner, too. Thanks for bringing us along on your trip. Safe travels!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Great report! Thanks for sharing and letting us tag along!
    Darlene

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Great to hear about your wonderful trip! safe and easy travels home.

Enjoyed your report and happy anniversary. Safe travels!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast