Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Brady bear trip

Aruba since 1979
    no offense to "some" of the dog owners of aruba....but their treatment of their dogs is so very very different than many of us here in the usa.
    it is a cultural thing.
    things have gotten better in the last number of years and there is a ways to go, but it is indeed a bit better.
    there are a few organizations that help the dogs, cats and other animals on island.
    one of them is http://www.arf-aruba.com they are terrific in neutoring, spaying, education, adopting and transport.

so glad to hear that you are enjoying yourself.

how is the wifi at the trop? is it free?
    Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Yesterday was another lazy beach day...a little more crowded. Packed a nice lunch of deli sandwiches from super foods and fresh fruit cups
    Convinced my husband to do the water tubing with me and son. What a blast. Took us on a boat to Palm Beach and we got on the tubes...they have 3 and 4 seats...driver was nice he will go at your likings
    Dinner I got marinated ribs and tenderloins kabobs, whites asparagus...yes very yummy...corn on the cob all grilled to perfection...and salad cost under 30.00 for the 3 of us.
    Meats and produce at Super food are so fresh and a very clean store
    What's nice it is located right behind us. 5 minutes walk
    Last night we hit down town had to have some Dutch pancakes for dessert. Actually took them to go and sat by the water with dd coffee
    Got of the bus and a dog was following me all the way to the resort....he looked very thin. Did feed him too
    Did see a lot of dogs running lose this time only one had a collar
    When I left super food another dog was outside. I let him sniff my hand and some guy said...he don't want to sniff your hand he wants food.. so I went in the store and got him something
    When I win the lottery...I am moving here and take care of these poor babies...they weren't mean just hungry. How can people do this to them
    Still enjoying myself though...except for writing my review on my cell phone
    Time for another lazy day
    Oh my other forms friends hope you're enjoying your stay too
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-01-2016 at 08:53 AM.

Hi Brady Bear...what's the best route to walk to Superfood (I heard there used to be a path right behind Trop, but now it is fenced off?). Are you walking down to the intersection and crossing, or crossing in the middle of the Blvd? We will be at the Trop in Sept, and think we may skip the rental car this trip, so I'm just wondering about all these logistics.

There still is a path. We did climb over a small wall lol
    But walk isn't bad....prices varies.
    We didn't get a rental. Bus 2.30 each way and they give change with us money too. Very easy ask the driver to let you know where you want to go
    In all honesty I really wish I booked another month Tropicana isn't that bad..clean and like the area too

WiFi is slow but free on the property. If you want it in your room 35 for a week one device
    Heading to pool then another ride to the high rise this evening

Aruba since 1979
    Brady Bear........where is your room located.....in relation to the Dunkin Donuts ?

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Yesterday was another lazy beach day...a little more crowded. Packed a nice lunch of deli sandwiches from super foods and fresh fruit cups
    Convinced my husband to do the water tubing with me and son. What a blast. Took us on a boat to Palm Beach and we got on the tubes...they have 3 and 4 seats...driver was nice he will go at your likings
    Dinner I got marinated ribs and tenderloins kabobs, whites asparagus...yes very yummy...corn on the cob all grilled to perfection...and salad cost under 30.00 for the 3 of us.
    Meats and produce at Super food are so fresh and a very clean store
    What's nice it is located right behind us. 5 minutes walk
    Last night we hit down town had to have some Dutch pancakes for dessert. Actually took them to go and sat by the water with dd coffee
    Got of the bus and a dog was following me all the way to the resort....he looked very thin. Did feed him too
    Did see a lot of dogs running lose this time only one had a collar
    When I left super food another dog was outside. I let him sniff my hand and some guy said...he don't want to sniff your hand he wants food.. so I went in the store and got him something
    When I win the lottery...I am moving here and take care of these poor babies...they weren't mean just hungry. How can people do this to them
    Still enjoying myself though...except for writing my review on my cell phone
    Time for another lazy day
    Oh my other forms friends hope you're enjoying your stay too
    Thank you Brady Bear for caring for those dogs and giving them some food. It's absolutely heartbreaking that so many dogs suffer, don't have food or water, are starving, mistreated, chained up with no shelter from the brutal sun etc. A big spay/neuter campaign had started last year by collecting money and arranging everything when "Animal Balance" came to Aruba in April. They were able to spay/neuter approx. 350 dogs.

But much more dogs and cats need to be spayed and neutered to bring the overpopulation down. There are some very good rescue organizations who work very hard. It's just overwhelming at times as there are so many dogs, cats, puppies and kitten in need of help, looking for forever homes, foster homes, donations of food, supplies (leashes, collars, crates...), medical care etc.

The problem is well known in Aruba. It's been going on for decades but got worse every year. There are some wonderful locals who have a huge heart for animals, unfortunately others, who don't. I noticed that during my very first visit to Aruba which made me very sad being a huge animal lover.

Thanks again for noticing and caring!

Enjoy your vacation.

Will try to answer most question. Posting is not my thing via cell phone
    DD is right down stairs in the main lobby...about 2 minutes
    Yes you have to cross the main highway but traffic lights so it is easy. Can actually see super food from my room.
    Laundry is main elevator 2 to wash and 2 to dry. Brought tide pods with me. You must get tokens in lobby.
    Grills are on reserved basic only and they do have a brush at each grill and plenty of themy too. Our room over looks the poold and way in the corner...love it
    Get off the elevator and the bar pool and slide is there..grill too.
    Pool is 5 ft only and colder then the ocean...hot tub very hot.
    Spoke to someone and they told us it be at least 4 yrs before renovation...that means 6 yrs. Lol
    Any questions feel free to ask. Did take pictures of the room and will forward it to someone...
    Off to roam the town

Aruba since 1979
    thanks cathi/aka bb

gonna send you an email
    have a good night!

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Hi BradyBear! Nice to see you are in paradise and enjoying yourself and family. As i am xander's #1 fan I will be pm...ing you for a picture, no rush when you return home will be good. Nice of you to offer Glad to hear your son won $100 so soon at bingo. The story of the man trying to share your grill at the same time made me laugh and brought back memories of one of my trips. A few years ago had an older gent, also did not speak or understand english who somehow enjoyed sitting on my patio each afternoon!!! Hope you continue to have great trip and will look forward to more of your days adventures.

Love reading your reports...Enjoy paradise!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast