Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Brady bear trip

Really enjoying my stay....wishing we can freeze time and stay
    Yesterday was a pool day. Pizza bob for lunch with Aruba ariba to wash it down. Something about being here brings my desire for alcohol drinks out of me
    Went back to high rise and again saw 3 homeless dogs under a tree. Very skinny too. Yet also saw a few people walking their babies nice and well cared for. Gave them water...breaks my heart
    Stop at the glitz across the way from here not so nice to us
    Today we plan on trying the lazy turtle for dinner...the boys want to be back early for the race....but we are usually in pretty early. As I said being lazy in Aruba is so exhausting

Loving your lazy days!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Thanks again for caring, Brady Bear! You are an angel!

Enjoy your lazy days!

It's amazing how tiring being lazy can be.

Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Really enjoying my stay....wishing we can freeze time and stay
    Yesterday was a pool day. Pizza bob for lunch with Aruba ariba to wash it down. Something about being here brings my desire for alcohol drinks out of me
    Went back to high rise and again saw 3 homeless dogs under a tree. Very skinny too. Yet also saw a few people walking their babies nice and well cared for. Gave them water...breaks my heart
    Stop at the glitz across the way from here not so nice to us
    Today we plan on trying the lazy turtle for dinner...the boys want to be back early for the race....but we are usually in pretty early. As I said being lazy in Aruba is so exhausting
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]
    TRIP 14 MARCH 5-28 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMODATES TWO ADULTS. https://youtu.be/hfk7YBj3Z1k
    RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Went to the beach again..lol
    Very crowed too.. met this little boy and taught me how to get the fishes....they like my goldfish crackers but if you put cheese wiz in your palm, they eat out of your hand. Really had fun too.
    Went to the food truck for lunch and they were close. How dare them close today. Be open tomorrow...
    Found a Chinese place by super food called yum yum some local told us about it and even offer us a ride there but we just had dinner at smokey Joe....didn't make it too lazy turtle...Smokey Joe has a hidden policy if you want to share a dinner you need to pay 6.00. Well if that's the case I will get an app instead. Got the app to go..shark bites..
    Wanted to give it to a dog but lost sight of him..yes I am hooked on feeding them.. even bought chicken hot dogs for them too. Had the boys walk around looking for some and didn't see any.
    Well it's a quiet night...
    Nascar is on. Boring but guess if they can make me happy I can do the same

Aruba since 1979
    Nascar........your husband and son true floridians?

Yes the sharing fee is quite common.

A few years ago at a very nice Aruba restaurant, we had an unfortunate and embarrassing situation re: sharing.
    Our bill was over $100 not including the tip. So it was not an inexpensive place.
    My husband and I each ordered a salad and shared an appetizer.
    He ordered a beef and shellfish kind of dinner (surf turf or something like that) and I ordered another appetizer (as my main meal).
    During the entree portion of the meal, i reached over and speared a shrimp for myself and then another.
    He also had some leftovers, which he had wrapped and took with us.
    We had coffee, but no dessert.

The bill came and there was a $6 or $7 charge for sharing on the bill.
    Paul called the waiter over and asked about and expressed our displeasure at the sharing charge for me stabbing and eating 2 shrimp.
    The waiter spoke to the maitre'd, and then the manager or owner explained to us that they'd remove it this time, but he reminded us that we were not to eat off each other's plate again at their restaurant or we'd be charged a fee. Ya, we were chastised. It was embarrassing.

Have a good weekend and enjoy those lazy days.

I
    Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Went to the beach again..lol
    Very crowed too.. met this little boy and taught me how to get the fishes....they like my goldfish crackers but if you put cheese wiz in your palm, they eat out of your hand. Really had fun too.
    Went to the food truck for lunch and they were close. How dare them close today. Be open tomorrow...
    Found a Chinese place by super food called yum yum some local told us about it and even offer us a ride there but we just had dinner at smokey Joe....didn't make it too lazy turtle...Smokey Joe has a hidden policy if you want to share a dinner you need to pay 6.00. Well if that's the case I will get an app instead. Got the app to go..shark bites..
    Wanted to give it to a dog but lost sight of him..yes I am hooked on feeding them.. even bought chicken hot dogs for them too. Had the boys walk around looking for some and didn't see any.
    Well it's a quiet night...
    Nascar is on. Boring but guess if they can make me happy I can do the same

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    A few years ago at a very nice Aruba restaurant, we had an unfortunate and embarrassing situation re: sharing.
    Our bill was over $100 not including the tip. So it was not an inexpensive place.
    He ordered a beef and shellfish kind of dinner (surf turf or something like that) and I ordered another appetizer (as my main meal).
    During the entree portion of the meal, i reached over and speared a shrimp for myself and then another.

Paul called the waiter over and asked about and expressed our displeasure at the sharing charge for me stabbing and eating 2 shrimp.
    The waiter spoke to the maitre'd, and then the manager or owner explained to us that they'd remove it this time, but he reminded us that we were not to eat off each other's plate again at their restaurant or we'd be charged a fee. Ya, we were chastised. It was embarrassing.

I
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say you never dined there again?

Sounds like a great trip Brady bear! Continue to enjoy and I'm sure those puppies appreciate you!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    that would be correct.
    it was Marandi at their surfside beach location. now gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say you never dined there again?

Sounds like a great trip Brady bear! Continue to enjoy and I'm sure those puppies appreciate you!

Lazy days are great days.

The sharing thing is a pet peeve of mine....I don't typically share orders but would not be pleased if someone tried to charge me for "stealing" shrimp from my wife...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Nascar........your husband and son true floridians?

Yes the sharing fee is quite common.

Have a good weekend and enjoy those lazy days.

I

Went to bingo this am. Lou won 200.00. We hit a good food truck. Fish with 3 sides only 7.00.
    Headed down town to walk around. Stop at the renn for happy hour. Had a forbidden jungle. Omg very good
    Cane back to the hotel we just had left overs from last night dinner. We order 2 huge ribs and wings with apps
    Plus dessert. As for sharing i only had 2 wings and a little slaw...from Lou plate. I never can finish half of any dinner.. funny only eat one slice of pizza from pizza bob
    Early night tonight. Need to be ready by 715 for ABC your
    Will post more later about a couple we met and bough the here many yrs ago

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast