Aruba Beach

Thread: a brief trip report

Smile a brief trip report

We had another great trip to Aruba from Dec. 13 until Dec. 30th. In general the weather was the usual amazing hot sunny weather. We found that this year there seemed to be more periods of clouds and rain than in other years. Dec. 16th, it rained the entire morning and then was mostly cloudy for the remainder of the day and on Dec. 30th was very similar. We had a lot more rain in the evenings than in other years but it wasn't terrible just not the norm!
    Some highlights on restaurants:
    OLD MAN AND THE SEA: fantastic and beautiful! We loved the wonderful ambiance of the the beach setting. Food and service were amazing, presentation was superb and we just loved our experience. Tables were nicely spaced throughout the beach so you could enjoy your meal without feeling like you were dinning with "others". We didn't leave the restaurant without another reservation for March!
    YEMANJA WOODFIRED GRILL: our first time there and we loved it. We had grouper and mahi mahi plus their soups (tomato and potatoe) and couldn't stop raving about our dinner.
    MARANDI's: another excellent experience. Food, service and atmosphere were tops.
    LG SMITH: This is our favourite steakhouse and it didn't leave us disappointed. We took another family there who had never been there and they said it was their best meal on the island. Steaks were unbelievable as was the attentive service.
    MADAME JEANETTES:not much to say except FANTASTIC as usual.
    CHEF'S TABLE: new to us but we enjoyed it a lot. Sat outside which appeared to be nicer than inside and had a great meal. Lamb was exceptional.
    THE NOT SO "HIGHLIGHTS:
    BLOSSOMS: This place is one that we go to regularly but unfortunatley it may be our last visit. The food prices seemed to increase a fair amount and not sure if the price matches the value for our dinning experience. While we know that this restaurant (JAPANESE SIDE)rushes you, this year it was faster than ever. Couldn't even finish my salad before soup was plobbed down in front of you. For the $30 they charge for the steak meal you wouldn't mind a little longer than one hour to order, eat and get out!!
    CHALET SUISSE: Sadly this wasn't our best meal. We do truly love this restaurant but our meal wasn't the best. The steaks weren't all that tender and the lamb was ok. We found this last year as well but decided to give it another try.
    EL GAUCHO: went there twice, first time not so great but second time it was very good. We fell that this restaurant seems to lack consistency but it is the "experience" that makes you go there. Honestly, better steak places on the island.

We ate at other places but I don't want to bore eveyone so I just decided to highlight a few. Can't wait to go back in 7 weeks!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Thank you for the great report, this is what all of us look for. Eventhough you say a short trip I wish I could go for 17 days.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Thanks Randi. Enjoyed your restaurant reviews.Glad you had a nice time. cindyo

Aruba since 1979
    welcome home randi
    we are heading out to our favorite place on earth on thursday morning

thanks for the brief review of the restaurants
    i have been disappointed more than once with suisse chalet and elgaucho and probably will not go back.

glad that you had a fine vacation over the holidays
    andrea

We head out one day before you, Andrea, and are counting the days! We head to Boston in the wee hours of Wednesday morning to catch our 5:30 a.m. flight to Aruba via Philadelphia.

Have our reservations for MJ on Monday night - that's the one restaurant that is a "must do" for us. We will take our chances with the rest of our dinners.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarubian View Post
    Thank you for the great report, this is what all of us look for. Eventhough you say a short trip I wish I could go for 17 days.
    A breif report, not necessarily a brief trip!! 17 days is a good trip!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Thank you for the restaurant reviews....gong back in seven weeks..good for you.Enjoy

Sounds like a great trip! And you went to some of our favorite restaurants: Old Man & The Sea, Yemanja, Chefs Tables, and Marandi (we love those!)
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Can't wait till March to try Old man in the sea, back to Madamme Jeannettes and another fav of mine Sole Mare

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]