Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Burghboy aka ArubaCurt September 2015 trip report

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Thanks for taking the time out of your busy days! Glad you remember what you did three days ago, I would be in trouble! LOL

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Curt
    just download a personal podcast daily
    heck we don't need pics
    xo

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Curt
    heck we don't need pics
    xo
    That would be the easiest way but my need for perfection would undoubtedly make it a 3 hour process. One of the days will say met up WaltVb got drunk, went to sleep lol

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

CK1
    Curt, got any plans for this evening? Just saw there is an exhibition of those beauties for Maggie!
    Wished I were in Aruba, one of those necklaces would be mine!

https://www.facebook.com/artisangabr...nzalez?fref=nf

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    Curt
    heck we don't need pics
    xo
    I don't know, that picture I saw of Manchebo was pretty amazing!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    lovelyBurghboy aka ArubaCurt September 2015 trip report-11061274_1630362850564628_1420822034733477222_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    Curt, got any plans for this evening? Just saw there is an exhibition of those beauties for Maggie!
    Wished I were in Aruba, one of those necklaces would be mine!

https://www.facebook.com/artisangabr...nzalez?fref=nf

CK1
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    lovelyClick image for larger version. 

Name:	11061274_1630362850564628_1420822034733477222_n.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	4286
    Indeed!
    There are so many beautiful gems, it feels like being in a candy store!

The same artist has a second FB "Aruba's Hands", just so many lovely jewelry made in Aruba. Dreaming away....

https://www.facebook.com/Arubas-Hand...6402/timeline/

Wednesday September 9

Woke up early for a long day at Palm Beach. No one on Palm today, must not be any cruise ships in town. Only counted two rented umbrellas on the beach when we arrived. Lots of time in the water today and our first visit to Scott’s Brats, amazing as always. Both of us got Italian beef sandwiches… on the short list for my favorite things to eat on the island. Was disappointed to see Marienella (sp?) the cashier was not their. Wonder if it’s permanent, she was part of the charm for me.

Edit: ran into Daniel Putkowski at Scott's on our way back from Eduardo's. Looked over my shoulder as we were on our way back down towards the Hilton and thought to myself I know that guy but wasn't sure. Walked up to him and spoke at which time it clicked for both of us. Gotta get used to people recognizing me by my voice.

After Scott’s we went next door to Eduardo’s to try a smoothie. Two thumbs up from us. If I ever give up beef and brats it’ll be my new go to.
    Floated around for a bit longer then decided it wouldn’t be a long day at Palm. Hit the road in search for adventure on the interior of the island. Never found it but eventually ended up at Zeerover right around sunset.

Definitely not a local spot anymore. Waited in line for about 30 minutes before we could place our order. Never figured out why it took so long seeing as it only takes like 20 seconds to order. I liked it better than she did but wouldn’t really say I loved it all that much. I will say even with it being more of a tourist destination than ever you still get a fair amount of food for the price. Also the view at sunset is pretty difficult to beat.

Back to the villa to shower and change. Swung past Casa Tua so Maggie could get something more substantial than the couple of shrimp and fries she ate at Zeerover. Listened to a band at the Hard Rock, who was pretty good. Things got a little awkward during a break between the lead singer and a group sitting right up front. I won’t elaborate too much on what he said because I only heard a small part but will say if it happened here in the U.S. things probably would have gotten really ugly really fast. In the past I think we avoided this place because it seems so ”francheesey” but I had a good time and would gladly go back.

Late night we hit the Eataly food truck. They were out of quite a few things by the time we came through which forced us to try other things. I had a sandwich called “the double” which was porkette and italian sausage on ciabatta, was awesome! If it had a bit more meat it would rival the italian beef from Scott’s for my fav sandwich on the island. Maggie had the chicken alfredo Lasagna. She thought it was okay but was disappointed because she wanted the beef but they had already sold out. Had a great conversation with Davide the owner he assured me he’d save a Cannoli on Saturday when we said we’d be back.
    Last edited by burghboy; 09-15-2015 at 09:48 PM.

the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Thursday Sept 10

Woke up Thursday and realized the woman who rents us the home hadn’t shown up yesterday. Checked email and saw they had missed their flight in Baltimore and wouldn’t be making the trip. That was kind of a downer they were supposed to be celebrating their anniversary in Aruba.

Visited the animal shelter for the first time today. Definitely the highlight of the trip. 3 very cute new arrivals today. If I thought it would be fair too the pups I would have taken all three. Got a tour of the place and fell in love with a few more of the residents. Not just the pups but doggies of all ages. One of our favorites was Elvis who is the old man of the shelter. He stayed on the hip of the woman showing us around and acted as a sort of co-tourguide.

Lunch was at the Urataka Center. Tried the pizza, burger and wings. I’ve seen this place numerous times but never stopped in until now. This place makes a great hamburger. According to Maggie its the best on the island, I’d say it’s in the running. The pizza wins hands down. The wings just so so.

Went to Arashi for a while. Met a retired couple from Long Island that lives part time on the island. They have no desire to live on Aruba full time but make full use of their six month allowance.

Met up with WaltVB and crew later on in the evening to watch the football game. I’m not much of a bar football watcher but the company was good so that was cool… actually rewatching the game as I type this. Obviously would have liked a different result but in Aruba it didn’t seem to matter all that much. Relatively early night for us but it was a long day so a full night of sleep was welcome.

Glad to hear you guys had fun at Hard Rock. It's one of our go-to places in the evening. We hesitated to go there at first and just hung out on the sidewalks outside for a while before we decided to go in the first time. One thing I did notice with some of the bands, they have kind of a routine, so of you see the same band on a second night the same trip, you probably aren't missing much if y ou skip it....unless it's Joyride..I will always stop for them.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast