Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Burghboy aka ArubaCurt September 2015 trip report

What is an Italian beef sandwich? I've seen it mentioned in a few posts but don't think I've seen a description. Last time we were at Scott's I had the Doc brat with cream cheese, peanut butter and jalapeņo. It was delicious.

Aruba since 1979
    i really enjoyed all of curt's (burghboy's) adventures.

wonderful!!!

our last 2 visits to zeerovers were disappointing.
    it has really become too busy and the wait is long.

glad you got to visit the animal shelter.
    love the photo of you holding the pup!
    again, thank you so much for sharing.

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Glad to hear you guys had fun at Hard Rock. It's one of our go-to places in the evening. We hesitated to go there at first and just hung out on the sidewalks outside for a while before we decided to go in the first time. One thing I did notice with some of the bands, they have kind of a routine, so of you see the same band on a second night the same trip, you probably aren't missing much if y ou skip it....unless it's Joyride..I will always stop for them.
    We always stayed on the sidewalk as well. Hard Rock Cafe just doesn't sound like something you do in Aruba lol. Glad we did go in. Not certain who the band was but they played a lot of the music we like to listen to when boozing it here at home. Lots of early 90's grunge/rock but with a little reggae flavor to it. Will probably visit once per trip now.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    What is an Italian beef sandwich? I've seen it mentioned in a few posts but don't think I've seen a description. Last time we were at Scott's I had the Doc brat with cream cheese, peanut butter and jalapeņo. It was delicious.
    Love the Doc's Brat. Italian beef is a pretty simple sandwich but oh so good. Italian flavored roast beef on a roll with cheese and giardinera (sp?) dipped in an aus ju. I have to have at least one every time I am in Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i really enjoyed all of curt's (burghboy's) adventures.

wonderful!!!

our last 2 visits to zeerovers were disappointing.
    it has really become too busy and the wait is long.

glad you got to visit the animal shelter.
    love the photo of you holding the pup!
    again, thank you so much for sharing.
    That puppy was one of the new arrivals we met the first visit although that photo was taken on our second visit. Was amazing how much their personalities came out just two days after they arrived. On our second visit we were told they were all already adopted. Maggie's daughter had seen the photo on instagram and wanted us to bring her home as a playmate for the basset hound she has. Guess we should have taken that photo the first day.

the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Thanks for continuing reporting on your Aruba adventures, Curt.

How lovely that your visited the animal shelter there! Love how you describe the puppies and doggies, particularly Elvis, the old dog at the shelter. Just shows that you have a big heart and a soft side for the animals. Thank you so much for caring!

Looking forward reading more of your stories when you have the time to write about it.

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    Thanks for continuing reporting on your Aruba adventures, Curt.

How lovely that your visited the animal shelter there! Love how you describe the puppies and doggies, particularly Elvis, the old dog at the shelter. Just shows that you have a big heart and a soft side for the animals. Thank you so much for caring!

Looking forward reading more of your stories when you have the time to write about it.
    Knocking out as much of the trip as possible tonight.

I love the puppies but the older dogs are the ones that really get me. Elvis and another one we called Mama.

Friday Sept 11
    Sent an email to the homeowner wishing her a Happy Anniversary. Went to Eagle Beach to have a relaxing morning. Going on the Kuku Kanuku tonight so I needed the day to be as uneventful as possible. Had lunch at the Eagle Beach food truck again. This time we each got a lunch platter. They switch it up a bit each day. I always go for the grilled chicken with criollo sauce but this one also had some sort of parmesean pasta. The locals do a lot of starch this time was fries, rice and pasta (along with veggies). I don’t mind because it was all tasty and I am not anti carb by any stretch.

Since we don’t stay at a resort we more or less get to choose where we want to be picked up for the kunukoo, we chose the local store. Its right up the street from us and a good place to pre-game before the bus shows up. Whether or not pre-gaming before going on a party bus is a good idea is debateable but if you are going to do it the local store isn’t a bad place.
    Bus picked us up around 6pm. Starts off with a sunset champagne toast. Then it’s off to dinner at the Casibari Grill which was actually better than I expected. There were dancer’s doing the Tango or something as we ate. Was actually a pretty cool setting with the rocks in the background and different colored spot lights. Our table got along very well and you could just tell it was going to be a fun evening.

After dinner it was time for the bar hopping portion of the excursion. Lots of singing, dancing, laughing and drinking. Can't post much about this portion of the day. Took a ton of pictures and movies that will probably never see the light of day because what happens on the kunukoo stays on the kunukoo. All in all it was a fantastic night.

CK1
    Quote Originally Posted by burghboy View Post
    Knocking out as much of the trip as possible tonight.

I love the puppies but the older dogs are the ones that really get me. Elvis and another one we called Mama.
    Take your time. Hope you enjoy reliving your trip while writing about it.

DH and I rescued many dogs over the years, almost all were adult dogs. They are so deserving and grateful, some of them turned into puppies! Like our big Akita who loves his toys, plays and acts silly like a pup! LOL So glad you were able to visit the animal shelter and that you had such a great experience! Some dogs just steal our hearts right away! <3

CK1
    Aww, would have loved to see the pictures with all the fun and laughter...

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    Take your time. Hope you enjoy reliving your trip while writing about it.

DH and I rescued many dogs over the years, almost all were adult dogs. They are so deserving and grateful, some of them turned into puppies! Like our big Akita who loves his toys, plays and acts silly like a pup! LOL So glad you were able to visit the animal shelter and that you had such a great experience! Some dogs just steal our hearts right away! <3

I thought that was an Akita but wasn't 100 percent certain. I was infatuated with them when I was a child. Actually we didn't have pets growing up (unless you count fish and my iguana). As an adult I've had a few cats and only one dog. I've learned that I don't handle animal death well at all. Right now we still have one cat. When she goes that's going to be devastating around here. Once that happens we may get another dog but right now our lives are more suited for cats.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast