Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Candys 3 wks

Candys 3 wks

Arrived yesterday, I had an early flight out of JFK , no lines at immigration ( lucky ) got my luggage right away, quick stop at the duty free and Anky from Wheels2go was waiting for me. Great car and service and was out of the airport within 20 mins from landing ! Off to super foods for some staples, Chill beer ! My unit was ready at Casa Del Mar, quickly unpacked and off to the beach ! I'm here for 3 wks, the first wk by myself ( not complaining, loving it Lol ) and my DH will join me for the last 2 wks. we always have Pizza bobs the first night we arrived, so I kept the tradition and ordered a take out pie and a few chills and it was the perfect day. It will be quiet this trip with no friends or family staying with us, but there's no better place to be !

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for sharing candy!
    enjoy your week alone.....RELAX and enjoy.

A week of "me time" in Aruba sounds absolutely perfect, especially knowing you get to share the next 2 with the hubby.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    There are very few places out of the US where I would be feel comfortable staying by myself, but I would have absolutely no problem going to Aruba solo. I feel completely at home there, as I'm sure you do. Have a great time at Casa Del Mar. We never miss a trip to Matthew's when we are there.

Hope you are enjoying a perfect week of ME time!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Glad you are having a great start for your looong trip. Do you know Jonic? She is the manager at Mathews. She usually works breakfast and lunch.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

I stayed at Casa Del Mar for a week by myself a few years ago and another year I went alone and stood at la Cabana. I felt really comfortable going to Aruba alone. This November will be my third trip alone for Thank Giving week.

Finally got my MIO wifi device activated. It runs for a calendar month and I had to remember today was the first ! Lol Last Sunday I met a very nice family from Boston, I offered to share my shade with them and they sort of adopted me ! I'm an earlier riser only on vacation, so I grab a hut early and they join me later. Happy hours are between Matthews and Richardos and My adopted family also invited me to their place for a delicious pasta dinner.Matthews on Tuesday for all you can eat ribs are a must...delicious. My relaxing week is coming to an end as my DH arrives Saturday ! The weather had been beautiful.

Aruba since 1979
    that is terrific that you were adopted

there is an ongoing MIO thread, maybe you could answer gaby's question there.

have fun and enjoy your new family.

Quote Originally Posted by arubacandy View Post
    Finally got my MIO wifi device activated. It runs for a calendar month and I had to remember today was the first ! Lol Last Sunday I met a very nice family from Boston, I offered to share my shade with them and they sort of adopted me ! I'm an earlier riser only on vacation, so I grab a hut early and they join me later. Happy hours are between Matthews and Richardos and My adopted family also invited me to their place for a delicious pasta dinner.Matthews on Tuesday for all you can eat ribs are a must...delicious. My relaxing week is coming to an end as my DH arrives Saturday ! The weather had been beautiful.

Today we rented a UTV from George's rental, we got there at 9am and they upgraded us to a bigger 3 person vehicle which gave us room for our cooler and stuff. We explored the other side of the Island from the lighthouse down to Baby beach. We stopped along the way at Phillips animal garden. Fabulous place ! It's $10 a person and they give you a bag of food to feed the animals.I was very impressed and will make sure I go every year, highly recommend it. We have dives planned for Thursday and Friday so far, and I'm looking forward to relaxing on the beach tomorrow! Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast