Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: CindyO and Rob O are in Aruba (rob o version)

CindyO and Rob O are in Aruba (rob o version)

We arrived Friday May 18, greeted by Bully at the airport….punctual and friendly as always.
    Checked into the Surf Club for the first time ever. Obviously this will be a lot different that the intimate feeling we have at Renaissance where everyone knows us. However, the workers here (so far) are all smiles and friendly. It is still Aruba!
    A little disappointed that we couldn’t reserve a palaypa for the next day, we had been told 3-7 you could….this was wrong. 3:00 is the deadline. Well….much-dreaded early rise tomorrow.
    Friday night my wife and daughters insisted we walk to Hooters for fried pickles and chicken wings. Being the obedient husband and dad that I am, I went along with their plan. The food was as we expected, good, and service was great. I’ll give them a 7 out of 10.
    Saturday we got out palaypa for the day and paid for two additional days. It wasn’t as bad as I expected. Spent the day shared between the beach and lazy river. The lazy river was packed, CindyO compared our little spring floats to Volkswagons surrounded by SUV’s….some people had enormous floating mattresses. I’m thinking of taking a pin tomorrow
    Saturday night Bully drove us to Passions. We had gone before and thought it was just “OK”, but decided to try again based on reports on the Forum. We found the ambiance and service to be great, however, the meal was disappointing. The mahi-mahi we both had was over-cooked and dry, we did not enjoy it at all. We did not complain (we don’t do that in Aruba, the people are too nice). I’ll give Passions a 4 out of 10.
    Sunday was spent much the same as Saturday. Weather remains perfect. Sunny and breezy.
    Bully drove us to Gianni’s, our third time there. First visit there three years ago was a disaster (a large group) and second a pleasant surprise. This time, the four of us enjoyed it, food and service were both perfect. I’ll give it a 9 out of 10.
    Next door, just south of Gianni’s, is a yogurt place. Missed the name (sorry), but try it, it was great. It is between Gianni’s and Papillion.
    More later….beach is calling….
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about the disappointment at Passions , but terrific to hear you have spectacular weather.

Enjoy and ask Cindy to give Bully a hug for me.

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for taking the time to post!
    :-)

Thanks for posting have a GREAT vacation and keep posting I leave for it. Thanks Dick.
    Next Aruba trip in

Hope you like the surf, that is usually where we stay... next vacation we are trying the playa linda for a switch... The whole Palyapa thing is a pain in the neck...but have a great time... look forward to other reports.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Have a great vacation

Day 3 - Monday

Another perfect day.....no clouds, just sunny and breezy!

Spent the whole day on the beach.....our palyapa was in the front row!

Bully picks us up at six for Madame Janettes

MJs Lamb Chops....off the scale delicious!

Being an engineer, I hate it when someone claims to have given more than 100% of effort. That is impossible!

That said, I score the lamb chops at MJs tonight a 15 on a scale of 1 to 10. I cannot recall a meal on any island or continent that I've enjoyed more.

Aruba since 1979
    glad u enjoyed your dinner

MJs is the be all and the end all in my book.

and their lamb is unbelievable.
    i thought you were partial to their "burgerloin" steak ?
    Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Being an engineer, I hate it when someone claims to have given more than 100% of effort. That is impossible!

That said, I score the lamb chops at MJs tonight a 15 on a scale of 1 to 10. I cannot recall a meal on any island or continent that I've enjoyed more.

Thank you Rob and Cindy, great report I feel like I am there with you all.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast