Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 70
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: CindyO and Rob O are in Aruba (rob o version)

  1. #21
    Senior Member rob o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsphr View Post
    Congrats on your Surf Club Unit. I'm jealous! It's hard to go wrong at any of the Marriott properties.

    Just curious - how far along is the Ritz- Carlton next to the Stellaris?
    Thanks! I trust the Marriott "brand" and look at it as a family investment!

    The Ritz is moving on at a good pace. The framework appears to be close to complete.....the skeleton is close to finished, major structural members all in place. Next to come will be the flooring....then they can start to close it in with walls.

    Within a year, I would guess. No sitework, landscaping yet....that is months away.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com



  2. #22
    Senior Member rob o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,793

    Scala

    Went to Scala this evening. Never considered it before, but it was close and convenient (second level at Harencia).

    Glad we tried it. Menu had a nice variety....wraps, salads, full entrees....beef, fish, poultry....all reasonably priced. Free glasses of wine for each of us too.

    We were all pleased with what we had, and the family vote was 8 or 9 out of 10!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com



  3. #23
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    3,893
    Me too.... switching to lamb at Mme J's this year... thanks for the tip!

  4. #24
    Senior Member rob o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Thanks! I trust the Marriott "brand" and look at it as a family investment!

    The Ritz is moving on at a good pace. The framework appears to be close to complete.....the skeleton is close to finished, major structural members all in place. Next to come will be the flooring....then they can start to close it in with walls.

    Within a year, I would guess. No sitework, landscaping yet....that is months away.
    Update....walked by today and looked more closely. Floor decking is completed....they are actually doing a lot of the internal wall studwork...about 1/3 of the building.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com



  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    815
    rob, congrats on your purchase.
    as for scotts brats, right on the money.. its a 10. enjoy your vacation.

  6. #26
    Senior Member jeffnev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    palm beach, eagle beach, any happy hour
    Posts
    719
    Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Another routine, georgeous day in Aruba; one thing of note.......

    ......we purchased a unit at the Surf Club!

    Congrats. We did the same 5 years ago after spending a week at the Ocean Club. The SC is a great family place and it seems the only people who don't like it are the ones who have never stayed there. We have met so many nice people there, including staff. I realize it is quite large, but the facilities and villas are perfect.
    Last edited by jeffnev; 05-24-2012 at 11:37 AM.

  7. #27
    Senior Member jpsphr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Update....walked by today and looked more closely. Floor decking is completed....they are actually doing a lot of the internal wall studwork...about 1/3 of the building.
    Thanks for the update. They targeted a 2012 opening. I wonder if that will happen?

    We own a Marriott property in Orlando and have traded for Aruba many times. We also like and trust the brand very much.

    Enjoy the remainder of your time there.

  8. #28
    Senior Member rob o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsphr View Post
    Thanks for the update. They targeted a 2012 opening. I wonder if that will happen?

    We own a Marriott property in Orlando and have traded for Aruba many times. We also like and trust the brand very much.

    Enjoy the remainder of your time there.
    Thanks!

    2012 opening, don't think they'll make it.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com



  9. #29
    Senior Member rob o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,793

    Renaissance

    Moved to our beloved Renaissance today, great to be back!

    Dined at LG Smith, great sirloin and very good filet mignon. I'm giving them an 8.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com



  10. #30
    Senior Member cyclone promotions's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    beaches
    Posts
    194
    They Are Here Welcome to the Renaissance
    Professional Island DJ's
    For All Your Weddings And Party Needs.
    We Create Your Party
    DJ TINO
    https://www.weddingwire.com/biz/dj-t...472c213ea.html

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO