Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CindyO and Rob O's Family Trip

Alto Vista Chapel, Renaissance Island, Arashi Beach

Thumbs up So Happy for You!

Hi Cindy and Rob,

Glad you finally are in Aruba and loving it! We are enjoying lake effect snow around here! Thanks for keeping in touch!

Continued fun,
    Sue

Next Aruba trip in

enjoy the rain when you get home it won't be rain any more,snow and ice oh no.................HAVE A GREAT VACATION

glad to hear you are enjoying your well deserved vacation...also glad to know robO was well enough to go...lightens my heart...have a wonderful time...wish we were there...still...
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Have you used any of the drink vouchers yet? They were probably gone the first day. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    Have you used any of the drink vouchers yet? They were probably gone the first day. Enjoy the rest of your trip.
    Mark....we really enjoyed the vouchers (including our daughters....their first drinks)....thanks again.

Just as we were enjoying the last of your vouchers we were playing "Bingo-Bongo". Kind of a funny story, because there was this obnoxious woman there who gave us grief for arriving exactly at 4:00. "What time does bingo start....blah...blah....blah". "Can't you be on time....blah...blah....blah...".

Well, there is a God. CindyO and I won the last three games, including the last game grand prize....a total of six vouchers....we are replenished!

As for the big mouth....silence! Later, we heard that she is a well known pest at the resort....and quite rude to the staff....racist as well. Think I'll show up at 4:05 today and crush her at Bingo again!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Monday

Monday – Another relaxing day. Breakfast in the room. After checking out fishing boats, we walked downtown and did some light shopping. Worked our way through Seaport Mall, over to the huts then around the cruise ship area before heading to the Royal Plaza. No major purchases until we got to “Kay’s”, where our friend Andy lightened our wallets a bit. Following that, the “I Love Aruba” store for a few Boston sports teams tee shirts.
    Took “Subway” and “Taco Bell” back to the resort and hung poolside for the afternoon. Bingo at 4:00, poolside, and won three times for a total of six drink vouchers.
    Spent sunset at the “lagoon beach”, a beautiful sunset with a cruise ship leaving at just the right time for some majestic shots.
    Walked downtown to Iguana Joe’s for dinner. Disappointing. This has been a family favorite since our first visit (1997). I think we go there out of tradition now because the food was just not all that good. Had a good time anyway.
    Went to “Blue Bar” at the Renaissance Marina Tower before heading home for the evening.
    All in all, a very nice day. Warm, breezy and no clouds today, a “10”, even for Aruba.
    This trip has already been a success…and it’s not even half over!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Aruba since 1979
    shhh, no saying anything about being "half over".
    andrea

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    All in all, a very nice day. Warm, breezy and no clouds today, a “10”, even for Aruba.
    I see you have more of the same lousy weather again today
    As my Dad would say, "It is a pray for a cloud kind of day!"
    Enjoy!
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 02-07-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    ....there was this obnoxious woman there who gave us grief for arriving exactly at 4:00
    What time does bingo start....blah...blah....blah".
    "Can't you be on time....blah...blah....blah...".

Well, there is a God. CindyO and I won the last three games, including the last game grand prize...
    Priceless.....

We just got back last night and there was snow on the ground and it's pretty darn cold. A rainy day in Aruba beats a freezing cold day in CT anytime. Enjoy your trip!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast