Aruba Beach

Thread: In Country...

In Country...

Mrs. 44 and I arrived this afternoon, spot on time with American flight 1047. Got the shack open, cleaning, airing it out, stocking the galley. My pal the stray cat, Tux, showed up.

Will be roaming the island and updating the blog in a few days (plenty of stuff on their from Spain if you missed it, photos, videos, food, the works). Looking forward to catching up with friends old and new, absent, present, and overdue.

Bon dia.

PS: I can neither confirm nor deny a sudden shortage of Jack Daniels that may or may not have been caused by aforementioned arrival of a certain individual.
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.
    Good for you! How long are you staying this time? We are headed down in 12 days...can't wait!

Thanks for the well-wishers.

Sparked up Old 918 and will be on the way to Charlie's Bar in half an hour to show the colors and inspect the fleet.

Kent, I'm looking for you, man. See you soon.

Just an update here... a week in country already. Did the usual rounds. Had a nice lunch with Kent at Casa Vieja. Restaurant serving up my Colombian favorites as good as ever. Checked out Club Arias, new for me even though it's less than 1/4 mile away. Nice joint. Great alternative to the hotel scene. Had a supper at Sultan. Also good. No fancy meals. Some beverages at various local haunts without incident.

Sun shining bright. Handsome yacht, Boardwalk, pulled into Oranjestaad the other day. Has its own helicopter. Nice. Causing traffic jams for all the gawkers on the road past Renaissance.

Nice weather means more repairs to the shack. New windows ready. Installing starting Monday, probably. Washing waxing Old 918 in between reading, writing, and relaxing.

Tonight maybe a nice dinner out. Will report on said meal if it happens.

Bon dia.

we saw the boardwalk....hubby almost cried...lol

Aruba since 1979
    omgosh did he ever get his stuffed fish?
    sorry for the hijack

continue over on off topic if you have an answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikko View Post
    we saw the boardwalk....hubby almost cried...lol

An update

Well, repairs continue at the shack. Finally finishing up the front patio. Just need to grout the tile and let it cure. Next stop: the small/old bathroom. Will be hammering off the old tile this afternoon and tomorrow, the absolute worst part of the job. I contemplated blasting that part of the shack off and building new but too worried the whole shack might collapse. Thus, piece by piece. Plus, no real bathroom for about 2 weeks will be challenging.

Anyway, Aruba's been great. Some rain off and on but nothing major. Good service at the building supply houses and the two guys helping my have been top notch.

In another week or so, I'll be providing more in-country colorful commentary. In the mean time, wear your safety glasses and don't imbibe until the tools are properly put away.

Bon dia.