Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cukiecutr's update

Cukiecutr's update

Well....All I can say is that Bully has been a TRUE SAINT in every sense of the word. Yesterday we had asked him to take all 13 of us to baby beach to snorkel. At his suggestion, he and his brother-in-law, Hubert took us to a place called Boca Catalina. Everyone snorkeled, with the exception of my mother. It was a bit of a climb down so she decided to stay in the shade and watch us all.

We had decided early on that Tuesday night was going to be guys night out at Texas de Brazil and the ladies would all go somewhere else. We had asked Bully and Hubert about Pam Pam and Bingo and they both suggested we try a different place. It was called Gotoso. It was fabulous (I will post review later). We all enjoyed our meals and were awaiting Bully's return for a ride home when my mother completely passed out and hit her head on the table. We all bounced up to her aid. She came to but was unsure of where she was and what happened. My sister, screaming call 911, not realizing it is not quitre the same as in the states. I ran to Bully and told him we had to get mom to the hosptial. He got us there, helped us get her in and and advised us what to do. We left my sister and mom at the hospital and took the rest of us bad to Amsterdamn Manor to get a list on moms medications and find my brother and father. Bully drove us back to the hospital!

My mother had three more fainting episodes and they hooked her up tp a heart monitor for 30 mintues. With my father and doctor bot present the alarms went crazy and her heart rate immediatly dropped to 30. The doctor got her back and immediately notified the cardiologist. We decided at that point it was best to get my father back to the hotel and have my oldest sister stay with mom.

Bully, once again, came to our rescue and came to pick us up. I CAN NOT SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT BULLY ON THIS FORUM!!!!! He gave me information to rent a wheel chair. He suggested that we move the wedding ceremony closer to the hotel. Honestly, at this point, we are not sure there will be a wedding on Friday. My mother's health is number one prority now.

I awoke this morning to find out that my mother is in what they call medium care and should have a work up by the cardiologist today. The hospital here is not like in the states where you just get in an elevator and go to a patients room. The visiting hours are only from 12-1 and 7-8. We will have to contact security this morning to see if we can get my father up there while the rest of us wait in the little waiting room they have.

This trip has certainly had some adventures from the reserved ride (or lack there of) to thte airport to me thinking I lef the wallet in the taxi (now waiting for AMEX to send me two new cards here in Aruba) to what happened to my mother last night. Wow, and there is only two more days until we get married. This will certainly be the trip of stories!

I am just so grateful that I am on this forum and the I was introduced to Bully! He is a saint in the eyes of my entire family! If he had not been there when this happened, I am not sure what we would have done. I am so very grateful that my family is here all together and thankful tha this all happened while she was sitting down and not walking across the pool area or on her tour with Cerri yesterday.

I think I am off to rent a cell ohone this morning along with a car. I think we are going to need it. Please keep my mom in your prayers! I will keep you posted.
    Next Aruba trip in

I am so sorry to hear about your troubles. Your mom and your entire family will be in my prayers. Best of luck with everything and a speedy recovery for your mother. I was just thankful to have Bully reserved for the rides to/from the airport. It definitely was a comfort knowing that so many others here had used him previously. We used arubadiscountcell when we were there recently and had no problems whatsoever. Good luck with everything.

We need a little guidance here......does anyone kno whow we have insurance here in Aruba. I believe they would not take it here and that we will have to file claims when we are back in the states. Are there forms that we will need to aquire. We are calling her insurance company this morning. I think we will also need to rent cell ohones at this point to keep in communication with one another going forward. We only have one here now. Thanks in advance for all the support and suggestions that I am sure are to follow.
    Next Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    insurance....yes contact your mom's insurance co and keep them abreast.
    ALL paperwork from the hospital, please make sure you get it in ENGLISH.
    Keep all of the paperwork including bills, insist on ENGLISH translation so it can be submitted to your mom's isurance co for reimbursement.
    Have your credit cards ready as that is how you will have to pay for all services.
    OMGosh i am so sorry for the situation.
    Contact your conscierge desk at your resort, ask them to get in touch with Aruba Discount Cell and they will bring you a phone.........about $50 for a week with about an hour or 2 worth of talk time.

I am so sorry to hear of your mom's situation.

I hope for a full recovery for your Mom.

I pray for you, your mom, and all the family. This is just awful.
    Last year when my husband was in the hospital, they DID let me go see him no matter what time. The security guard had to call the head nurse the first time, but then had me on a list to be able to go see him. Try that.
    As far as the insurance, like Andrea said, make sure to get the reports in english. We were not reimburced however. That is why this time we got travelers insurance. You will have to pay for the hospital and dr. by a credit card, or cash (we didn't have cash) before you leave the hospital.
    Good luck and please keep us informed. I hope she gets better soon.
    Pat

I'm am so glad that there is a person on Aruba like Bully.I have never used him (but will this year)but for anyone that goes out of there way to try to make things a little better not knowing the situation,wow BULLY needs to get some kind of award.In my eyes you are one hell of a guy.May God bless you and your family.
    DannyO

We will keep your mom in our prayers. Hang in there, everything will work out.

Your mom and your entire family is in my prayers. God never gives you more than he knows you can handle. Please keep us posted on your mom's progress.

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Oh Cathy, my thoughts and prayers are with all of you! I'm thankful Bully has taken you guys under his wings and has been such a huge help and comfort to you guys! Thank you Bully!!!!
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your mom. I hope she's well soon so the wedding can go on!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast