Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: Curt's Aruba Vacay February 27 -March 7

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Hi Curt, thanks for the first updates on your Aruba adventures. Hope, everything went smooth from here on out.

Have a safe flight and "see" you on Aruba!

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Didn't actually eat a formal dinner last night which is odd for us. We just picked up small bites from lots of different places. Tried to go to the flip flop festival but the line to get in was probably a quarter mile long. We stood in it for about 10 minutes and moved maybe 100 feet. Time is too precious to spend an hour or so waiting in line so we decided against it. Sounded like people were having a ton of fun.

Ended up at the Bugaloe just in time for their late night happy hour. It was karaoke night. There was no shortage of singers which is always nice. I hate karaoke lulls. The group was really amped up and the energy was fantastic. I didn't bother to sing but instead chose to entertain the bartenders and make friends at the bar. I guess it all paid off because the bartender was way more heavy handed with his pours than any place I've ever experienced in Aruba. Paid for it this morning though... gotta remember that I'm not as young as I used to be.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Flip flop festival? Sounds nice. Where was it located?

Glad you had a blast at Bugaloe! And made new friends there!

Thanks for checking in here to let us be part of your fun!

I was so hoping for another Karaoke story! Keep having fun for the rest of us.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for posting curt.

i got a message from an another friend that waited in the same line for the flip flop festival and called it quits after a half hr.

bugaloe is always a blast.

have fun

So far so good to start off the latest visit to Aruba. Hopefully you avoided looking into The "You know what room." on your way to immigration and baggage claim. Seems like you had more fun and Karaoke anyway, so skipping the Flip Flop festival was no scene. Keep the reports coming, looking forward to hearing about this trip in your podcast. Enjoy!!
    Last edited by vallond; 02-29-2016 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by burghboy View Post
    Didn't actually eat a formal dinner last night which is odd for us. We just picked up small bites from lots of different places. Tried to go to the flip flop festival but the line to get in was probably a quarter mile long. We stood in it for about 10 minutes and moved maybe 100 feet. Time is too precious to spend an hour or so waiting in line so we decided against it. Sounded like people were having a ton of fun.

Ended up at the Bugaloe just in time for their late night happy hour. It was karaoke night. There was no shortage of singers which is always nice. I hate karaoke lulls. The group was really amped up and the energy was fantastic. I didn't bother to sing but instead chose to entertain the bartenders and make friends at the bar. I guess it all paid off because the bartender was way more heavy handed with his pours than any place I've ever experienced in Aruba. Paid for it this morning though... gotta remember that I'm not as young as I used to be.
    Curt - can I tell you how disappointed I am that you didn't belt out, "I Will Always Love You"? The masses will demand your Whitney Houston interpretation next time, I'm sure.

And, yes, there seems to be some "free pouring" going on around the island lately... it's all that cheap, Price Smart booze, I'm sure. I'M NOT COMPLAINING!!

I think you should be adding some video diaries to your personal podcasts
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    yes indeed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Curt - can I tell you how disappointed I am that you didn't belt out, "I Will Always Love You"? The masses will demand your Whitney Houston interpretation next time, I'm sure.

And, yes, there seems to be some "free pouring" going on around the island lately... it's all that cheap, Price Smart booze, I'm sure. I'M NOT COMPLAINING!!
    If I am being completely honest Bosslady stopped me from doing "Friends in Low Places" according to her I was walking that fine line and getting up there to perform would have been too much. My response was its not like I was going to go up there to sing naked, that would be too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    That sounds like a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    yes indeed!
    I'll give it a shot. Best case scenario they turn out pretty good. Worst case I end up singing Whitney Houston naked at Bugaloe and those vids never see the light of day.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast