Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: Curt's Aruba Vacay February 27 -March 7

CP- a true detective, love it.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Sounds like a fun-filled day! Which route did you take to Baby Beach, Curt?

Puppies, puppies, puppies... YES!

Amsterdam Manor, anywhere with a hot sun and a cold drink.
    Puppies!

Aruba since 1979
    common denominator here PUPPIES

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    WOW.... that was one serious eating and drinking day... sounds great. Reminder..... I'm tracking your every move this time to get the upper hand at the next installment of your 'Secret Picture Game'......
    I figure its actually research not gluttony. I am having a bit of a problem finding pics that will stump you guys. Figure I need about 20 or so to get me through the next visit.

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    Sounds like a fun-filled day! Which route did you take to Baby Beach, Curt?

Puppies, puppies, puppies... YES!
    Kept it simple straight down 1

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

Quote Originally Posted by burghboy View Post
    I figure its actually research not gluttony.
    One man's gluttony is another man's good time... bring on the gluttony!!

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Okay so now that things are settling back down I am going to continue this report.

Wednesday morning we woke up early to catch the sun rising over Alto Vista. Was a cloudy morning so none of the photos turned out as well as I would have liked but I am happy we did it. It was so serene sitting on the benches in front of the chapel pre-dawn just breathing in the fresh Aruba air being totally aware of just how fortunate we are to be doing what we were doing. The chapel is actually surpisingly busy that time of day. There were three women cleaning a visitors coming and going. I'd say we arrived maybe 30-45 minutes before the sun was to rise and stay maybe 15 minutes after it came up.

Not being early birds we promptly went back home and took a quick nap.

After waking up it was time to head on down to the Aruba Animal Shelter. There were loads of volunteers there and a couple of adopters. One little girl pup bonded with Maggie immediately and wouldn't leave her alone the entire time. She was adorable although we would find out later that she was the jealous type. It was to the point that she would chase away any of the others that Maggie gave attention. Ended up being a not so cute trait. We played with as many as we could in the 1-1.5 hours that we were there. Spoke at length with some of the volunteers and made a donation.

Beached it at Eagle across the street from Chalet Suisse so we could be close to the Eagle Beach food truck. That was a great lunch as always. Left the beach about 4 so that we could get cleaned up to meet a friend at Nos Clubhuis for happy hour. First time at Nos. Will Roth was there playing from 5-7pm. Played Bob Dylan, Tom Petty type music. The music, the 2 for 1 drinks and the elevated view made for the perfect setting to watch the sun set. I tried to make a timelapse video but it didn't turn out all that great. The view from there is phenomenal but it was a cloudy evening.

After happy hour we went to the Tamarjin to visit Gaby from Aruba Hands. Maggie wanted to get a piece of jewelry and I wanted to talk to her about being a guest on the show. This was my first time being in the Tamarjin. It was alot busier than I expected. There was music happening, jewelry vendors set up and also something going on by a pool or something. I'm not used to the resort life so it was almost shocking to me. One of these days I will stay in a resort but for now I think I'll stick with the rental. Was easy finding Gaby, she was the busiest vendor. I don't know much about jewelry but even I could tell she is very talented. Also her customer service is top notch. Its easy to see why so many love her work. Mission was a success. Maggie found a piece and I found a guest. So look for Gaby to be on One Happy Podcast in the future.

Dinner was at Tango. Our favorite waiter Rutger wasn't there but they took good care of us as usual. At least until it was time for the check. I am perfectly able to relax at all times while on island except the time between finishing dinner and leaving the restaurant. Ideally I'd be on the road about 5 minutes after I swallow that last bite. On Aruba I swear it takes about 30 minutes just to get the check. It absolutely drives me nuts.

After dinner we just headed back to the villa to relax and make eachother laugh for the rest of the night.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Wonderful trip report, Curt! I loved every moment of it!

The way you described your early morning visit to Alto Vista made me feel that I was right there with you guys! Must be awesome to take in this serenity there and just live in that very moment!

So nice that you and Maggie visited again the Animal Shelter. I saw the pics on your FB and fell instantly in love with the one pup you had several pictures taken of. Aww, those eyes and this little face! I just wanted to kiss her! Was she the jealous one? Sometimes, they are just starving for so much attention and love.

What a surprise that you and Maggie got to meet Gaby! She is such a sweet and talented lady! Some of her jewelry like necklaces are made by her using the glass blowing technique. She uses different colors and the beats can have different lengths. For other items, she uses sea glass which she found on the beach of Aruba. How exciting that you will have her for your Podcast interview! I'm already looking forward to it!

Regarding the restaurant service: It makes me actually smile as it's such a HUGE difference in cultures! In Germany, The Netherlands and probably parts of Aruba, going out for dining equals having time, enjoying the dinner, sitting, eating, drinking, talking and just enjoying the whole dining experience, taking LOTS of time is quite usual. If the waiter would bring the bill while the customers are just finishing their meal or shortly after, would be seen as very impolite! You never rush a customer out the door! And when people are dining and talking, they do NOT want to be interrupted every five minutes by the waiter asking, if everything is ok or if they need a refill ~ it drives me nuts! LOL To the point that I almost tell the waiter, NOT to interrupt here anymore and if I need something, I'll call him. That's how I was accustomed to living in Germany half of my life. Now, on the other side, Americans are just the opposite. Maybe one day you get a waiter/waitress from Aruba talk about his/her experience and customs on your Podcast.

Thanks for sharing. Love reading stories from others. We all vacation in Aruba in different ways, but all love it. Had my first visit to Alto Vista this year. Very beautiful. The exchange rate really affected us this year, as Canadians. We took $2500.00 US and it cost us $4000.00. Luckily we had paid for our trip months ago.

Any pics of the pooch?

Quote Originally Posted by burghboy View Post

After waking up it was time to head on down to the Aruba Animal Shelter. There were loads of volunteers there and a couple of adopters. One little girl pup bonded with Maggie immediately and wouldn't leave her alone the entire time. She was adorable although we would find out later that she was the jealous type. It was to the point that she would chase away any of the others that Maggie gave attention. Ended up being a not so cute trait. We played with as many as we could in the 1-1.5 hours that we were there. Spoke at length with some of the volunteers and made a donation.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast