Aruba Beach
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: Curt's Aruba Vacay February 27 -March 7

Palm Beach, Arashi Beach and Manchebo Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    It's all going to crumble on April 4th!!
    Will be the first television program I watch "live" in years. I usually DVR everything if only to skip the commercials.

Visit onehappypodcast.com
    the officially unofficial podcast of the island of Aruba. Tips, tricks and stories about the best place on earth! If you don't listen you are missing out.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by burghboy View Post
    They weren't really VIPs just a few overdressed millennials that thought despite there being about 10 tables on that side all of the waitstaff should cater only to them. I didn't hold it against the staff but thought the waitress could have done a better job of diffusing the situation. Quite a few tables were effected and I'm sure not everyone was as forgiving as we tend to be. We are honestly the lowest maintenance diners one could ever hope for. When I arrive I already know what I want. I'm probably half dehydrated from beaching it all day so keep the water flowing and I'll tip you well. When I'm finished try to get me the check in under 20 minutes and I'll be happy... under 10 and I'll love you forever.
    Thanks for clarifying it, Curt. That's kind of disappointing getting neglected that way. You truly are a saint for being so patient. I probably would not have been.

Did you try to make a little signal with your hand to get the waiter's attention? That's something I remember as a cultural difference. When I read today about the Bucuti, it was mentioned in that article that if the guests on the beach there wanted something, they would "raise a little red flag" on their table and the waitstaff would appear immediately.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Perfect last full day spent at Arashi beach and Palm beach area!

And being on your last day three hours on the beach, how lucky! At what time did your plane leave?

Seems like another great vacation where many memories were made.

Another great trip! Thanks for sharing. One of these days we will spend more time on other beaches and try more food trucks. Tia Rosa was definitely worth the hunt we went on to find it!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Lots of locals at the beach which changes the vibe... if you ask me its for the better. It kind of elevates the energy level of Eagle to a midpoint between its usual pace and that of Palm. Soccer balls being kicked around, young families with newborns and music being played in the background. To me its pretty perfect. We stayed there much later today then the usual.
    I completely love & respect that vibe change Makes me thankful that they allow me to share their land
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Thanks for taking us on vacation with you. I really enjoyed your reports!

March 6

but in the end all we wanted was to just sit together and reflect.
    Brought a tear to my eye. What a great almost ending to a wonderful trip!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Thanks for sharing your trip!
    Darlene

Thanks for sharing your trip Curt, sounds like you and Maggie had a great time doing a lot of different things. After reading your daily reports, we have decided we want to spend more time at Eagle Beach this coming trip.

Thanks for sharing.. makes me looking so more forward to staying at Eagle Beach vs Renn. (first hotel)
    Nice to hear word of mouth... any more tips let me know

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast