Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dannyo's Trip Report

Dannyo's Trip Report

Continental from EWR was on time and landed in Aruba on time .The only complaint is that the snack was a single cracker as they charge for food on there flights now.Anyway we had breakfast in the terminal before boarding.Bully was waiting as we exited the terminal his van had plenty of room for all our bags.When we arrived at the Surf Club our room wasnt ready so we went next door to the Ocean Club to get our car.We used Economy and the car was a new Toyota.We than took a ride to the new Supermarket and was very disapointed.They had very little produce all prepacked and no fresh deli or meats.Will not return.Will go to Lings on Monday.Monday should be a great day I get to snorkle with Kent Gerber.More to come.
    Last edited by DANNYO; 10-23-2010 at 08:19 AM.

Aruba since 1979
    kent thanks for posting.
    a few of us have been to that grocery store and all of us had had the same opinion....poorly stocked.
    i was blaming it on the place being new, but it has been opened now for about 4 months.

i am glad that lings is always there waiting for us.

So how is the weather, when I was there in august the wind when we had it was way down but we only had 1day in 14 that it rained for about 45 min. have things gone back to normal?
    Next Aruba trip in

Day Two 10/18/10

Went to meet Kent Gerber to do some snorkling ,we had a great time.He has water scotters that propel you through the water to make it more fun.We went to Lings to get the rest of the things we needed that the new market didint have.Stood at the pool for a while that went for dinner at Sole Mare.The food was good but it seems like they have raised there prices alot.The weather has been great with no rain at all.

How is the adult pool at the SC? What's your opinion?
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    It is bigger than the pictures show,a littlle deeper 5ft at some points with plenty of chairs,They have it set up with two tiers.Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    IMO, being in that pool is like being in a fish bowl. The only sidewalk to the beach goes right past the pool so there is very little privacy. That was my least favorite of all the SC pools. On the other hand, I do like the built in bench all around the inside of the pool.

were is SC?

Aruba since 1979
    SC is the abbreviation for Marriott Surf Club (a timeshare resort)
    it is located at the north end of palm beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Ands View Post
    were is SC?

I didn't know about paying for the food on Continental. Never ate it anyway. Enjoy your trip.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast