Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dannyo's Trip Report

Can't wait to see new pool... will be nice for adult ony pool.... OH BOY ticker is almost at 100 days

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by lindon View Post
    I didn't know about paying for the food on Continental. Never ate it anyway. Enjoy your trip.
    When it says snack I would think it was more than a single cracker

Day 3 10/19/10

Went for our morning walk to the Phoenix weather is great no rain.Stayed at the pool than went on rafts in the ocean.(No sea weed) water was clear.Surf Club is crowded,but the island and resturants seem empty.We went for a light meal at Tomato Charlies and we liked as always,Three people 3 salads pizza and soft drinks $75 with tip.Talk to you later

Is anyone else having problems with spell check?
    Last edited by DANNYO; 10-20-2010 at 06:44 PM.

Dannyo
    Have a great trip we are leaving on Continental from EWR next week and will be packing snacks for the plane. Our last trip we snorkeled with Kent and it was highlite of our trip. Enjoy the rest of your stay

Originally Posted by lindon
    I didn't know about paying for the food on Continental. Never ate it anyway. Enjoy your trip.

It's a recent change in Continental's policy. They were one of the last to provide free meals and they were actually edible. I think the merger with United will change a lot of the previously passenger friendly policies at Continental, but their direct flights from Newark at 8:30 am to Aruba and 2:30 pm from Aruba are great...and less than $400 for our next trip in July.

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    We've only ever gone with Jet blue, and they give you as many snacks as you want! (cookies, chips, nuts)

Day 4 10/20/10

Today was my first day of diving.I dove with Unique this year and although the boat was large it seemed very slow.Got picked up at 8:30 for a 9:00 dive.It took an hour to get to the dive site.That is why im saying this boat was slow.We did a two tank dive DePalm Slope and Dark Mangroves which was mosly coral not to many fish but the dives were goog and the divemaster was very good.When the dives were over it took us an hour to get back.When we got off the boat we had to walk out to the main road to wait for our rides back to our Hotels.You also have to walk from the road to the shop.

For dinner last night we went for Chinese food at a place called Different and yes it was very different,lets just say we wont be visiting it again.Weather is great no rain,
    Last edited by DANNYO; 10-21-2010 at 12:08 PM.

Day 5 10/21/10

Went for our morning walk than out to breakfast at La Vista at the Marriott.This held us over so we didnt have lunch.For dinner we went to Texas de Brazil.We havent been here in years and to my surprise it was very good.Great selection of salads ,cheeses and soup.The meats were all great .A little pricy for buffet but it was very good.We had a cloudy day with a few passing showers.

DaY 6 10/22/10

This was a dive day for me.Im diving with Unique this year and this day was much better than the first .Got picked up at 8:30 for a 9:00 dive.There is constrution on the road leading to the dive shop so they can only drive to the shop on the beach when the road is clear,this day it was clear.Got my weight belt and off to the boat.We were at the dive site in no time.We dove the Antilla which I have done before but the divemaster made it seem like I was never there before.The 2nd dive was Malmok Reef which was nice with plenty of coral and fish.Both dives were 45 min.each.On our way back they had to make a stop at the pier near the Holiday Inn so I decided to walk back to the Surf.A good day of diving.Had a lunch in our room ,and decided to stay in and cook and watch our Yankees get beat up on.Oh well now I now how Boston fans feel.A few quick showers,but the weather has been great.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast