Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 53

Thread: Dannyo's Trip Report

  1. #21
    Senior Member cindyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Posts
    5,699
    Sounds like you are having a good time underwater...stay safe, and have a great time. Love to hear all about where you are going and what you are seeing. Sorry to see your Yankees loose...yep, you know how we feel..;>) cindy

  2. #22
    Senior Member danadog56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    everywhere and anywhere
    Posts
    2,798
    DannyO, great trip report so far....glad to know weather is good, we were in Bonaire in September and it rained everyday and quit a lot....although it was a dive trip and we mostly were underwater anyway.....
    How long are you going to be there....I get in on the 31st....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

  3. #23
    Senior Member DANNYO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Marriott Surf Club
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    DannyO, great trip report so far....glad to know weather is good, we were in Bonaire in September and it rained everyday and quit a lot....although it was a dive trip and we mostly were underwater anyway.....
    How long are you going to be there....I get in on the 31st....
    We leave on the 31st

  4. #24
    Senior Member DANNYO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Marriott Surf Club
    Posts
    1,713

    Day 7 10/23/10

    Now I have a new job ......im the chair person....This place is packed,Im an early bird so at 6:30 I go down to get our chairs,if your not out there early and Im not the first you have a problem finding chairs by the pool.Yes they have a rule about chairs being unattended for two hours but it doesnt happen.We went for our morning walk ,than spent most of the day by the pool.Today we had our share of rain,one for about 10min.and the other for about a1/2hour and it poured.We took a ride to St.Nicolas and it seems like another country,it seemed very run down,plenty of vacant homes and stores.There was an article in one of the newspapers that there is going be a new golf course built in that area,it just didnt seem safe to be there.Last night for dinner we went to Champions for just some picky food.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Shelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Palm Beach, lighthouse,
    Posts
    251
    Are you at the Surf Club? Wow, what a difference a few weeks makes! We were there the first week of Oct. and never reserved any chairs or palapas. We went down about 9:30am every day, and got a palapa and there were plenty of chairs at the pool!

  6. #26
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,912
    paul and i spent the weekend with some friends that are owners of a 3 bedroom unit at MSC.
    i asked her after reading dannyo's post about the "chair palapa" situation what her opinion was. she told me they do not go to the beach at the surf club as they cannot get a shade hut. they wind up driving down to costa linda and hang out with friends there and share a shade hut with them. they eventually do make their way back to MSC and go a lap or 3 in the lazy river and call it a day. they are very very unhappy with the beach/palapa situation there.

    Quote Originally Posted by DANNYO View Post
    Now I have a new job ......im the chair person....This place is packed,Im an early bird so at 6:30 I go down to get our chairs,if your not out there early and Im not the first you have a problem finding chairs by the pool.Yes they have a rule about chairs being unattended for two hours but it doesnt happen.We went for our morning walk ,than spent most of the day by the pool.Today we had our share of rain,one for about 10min.and the other for about a1/2hour and it poured.We took a ride to St.Nicolas and it seems like another country,it seemed very run down,plenty of vacant homes and stores.There was an article in one of the newspapers that there is going be a new golf course built in that area,it just didnt seem safe to be there.Last night for dinner we went to Champions for just some picky food.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Reminds me of What is rumours and what is the law? and the government's decision to remove palapas at the resorts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    paul and i spent the weekend with some friends that are owners of a 3 bedroom unit at MSC.
    i asked her after reading dannyo's post about the "chair palapa" situation what her opinion was. she told me they do not go to the beach at the surf club as they cannot get a shade hut. they wind up driving down to costa linda and hang out with friends there and share a shade hut with them. they eventually do make their way back to MSC and go a lap or 3 in the lazy river and call it a day. they are very very unhappy with the beach/palapa situation there.

  8. #28
    Senior Member DANNYO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Marriott Surf Club
    Posts
    1,713

    Day 8 10/24/10

    I did my chair duty .This was my last day of my 5 tank dive with Unique.Got picked up early for a 9:30 one tank dive at the Pendernales.As the boat was leaving I started to feel like something was wrong....I was rite I was on the wrong boat,no one questioned me being on the boat knowing the divemaster so hear we go to the site, the 1st dive was the airplane wreck which I have done before but it changes every year.The second dive was Harbour Reef Which was a drift dive,plenty of coral and fish.Both goog dives.The rest of the day was spent at the pool and for a walk on the beach.My wife loves Tony Roms so thats where we did dinner last night.Food was good service was very slow.Weather has been very hot,very little breeze and very little rain.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by DANNYO View Post
    Weather has been very hot,very little breeze and very little rain.
    Sounds terrific after all the rain a few weeks back. Continue to enjoy

  10. #30
    Senior Member danadog56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    everywhere and anywhere
    Posts
    2,798
    DannyO,
    Too bad I will miss you, we could have met for a drink or dive even....
    Glad to know you are having a good time, just leave some of the good times for me since i will be there in just a few days !!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO