Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Dannyo's Trip Report

Day 9 10/25/10

Im the chair person so this morning when I go to get our chairs the chair police were there.This little old lady comes over waving tags in her hand saying no no no ,you cant put tags on chairs until 7AM.Finally someone at the Surf is doing there job.So I wait till 7AM put the tags on and go back to our room.Went for our morning walk and spent most of the day by the pool.The weather on this day was very cloudy and rain at about 3PM.Went to Busters to watch the Giants beat up the Cowboys,had more Giant fans than Cowboys,that was a change.

Aruba since 1979
    ahhh the chair police.
    the only folks that "surpass" chair police are towel nazis.

;-)

I know about the being the chair person!! That is always my job too.

As far as shade goes, yes the palapas situation is not great but there are tons of chairs with Bimini's. There are lots of those types of chairs for shade.

The chair police at the pool is inconsistent. However, from my observation (I am a beach person) you can reserve your chairs but you can not leave them until 7am with the tags. Then you are "free" to go.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I got down to get chairs at 6:45 and the police were there waiting got the same chairs stayed there till 7:00 and than went back to the room.Before we take our walk we bring towels and than when we get back we sit for a while.After breakfast we are there most of the day.

Day 10 10/26/10

Did my chair duty waited till 7 and went back to the room.It seems like every night there are showers.Did our morning walk than had breakfast in our room.We went to a meeting about the new point system Marriott is starting,was very interesting.Went shopping at Lings,it seems like we go every day now.Ate in last night.Today it also rained twice while we were at the pool.There is very little wind if any.

Aruba since 1979
    keep the reports coming danny.
    :-)

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Dannyo....buy, chair duty...what a drag, huh? Well, at least you get to start the day off, and not waste anytime.
    HOpe you continue to enjoy your time.
    Can't believe Danadog is going in a few days. To bad you will miss you.
    Keep the reports coming dannyo...

Quote Originally Posted by DANNYO View Post
    We went for a light meal at Tomato Charlies and we liked as always,Three people 3 salads pizza and soft drinks $75 with tip.
    Does anyone have a menu?

Aruba since 1979
    i checked liz-arubalover's dining site and there is no menu for TOMATO CHARLIES.

paul and i and our friend charlie at there a few yrs ago (the one near the hyatt) and we had pizza, salads, soda and beer and the bill was about $80 with a tip.

there is another tomato charlies up towards amadeus restaurant and we have had take out pizza from there.

I thought the Tomato Charlie's near Amadeus closed. Didn't see it last time. Did it move? Had heard that location was better than the one in the high rise area. If it's in a different location, can you post where - we'd like to try it in March. Thanks!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast