Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Dannyo's Trip Report

Quote Originally Posted by EHampite View Post
    I thought the Tomato Charlie's near Amadeus closed. Didn't see it last time. Did it move? Had heard that location was better than the one in the high rise area. If it's in a different location, can you post where - we'd like to try it in March. Thanks!
    I hope the one in Tanki Flip didn't close because that was the location that delivered (the one in the high rise hotel area does not deliver.) Every once in awhile when we want to stay "in" for the night we would order one of their pizzas for delivery.

I was in that area several times a few weeks ago and I didn't even notice if it was there or not.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 --
    36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Day11 10/27/10

It seems to be a pattern that it rains every night,I dont hear it but people we talk to say it wakes them up.Did much of the same today,chair duty,pool,raft in ocean and ate in again.This vacation has been more laid back and has cost allot less on food.We went to Maggys for perfume and there was a sign up saying sale 10-40% off well today was 10% off.Well 10% plus 7% sales tax home still was a good deal.The tradewinds were a little better with no rain during the day.If anyone is coming to the Surf and likes to get a chair at a certain lacation you must get there early,and not before seven the chair police will take your tags and remove your towels.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    I hope the one in Tanki Flip didn't close because that was the location that delivered (the one in the high rise hotel area does not deliver.) Every once in awhile when we want to stay "in" for the night we would order one of their pizzas for delivery.

I was in that area several times a few weeks ago and I didn't even notice if it was there or not.
    If it's the one that was at the rotary by Hunny Punny (I believe that's Tanki Flip), we did not see their sign a couple or weeks ago or when we were there in January.

Day 12 10/28/10

Did much of the same today as usual,chair duty at 7 ,pool,and rafts in ocean.Weather was hot with no rain and no trade winds.I went to Lings at 8:00 AM for a few things to get us through and they had no milk at all.I spoke to another shopper and he said that he was at other markets and they were out also.If all the markets are running out of milk before there next delivery,Why dont they order more?I know its imported ,is there a limit on how much they can order?Last night we went to Bingo's for dinner.This is the first time being there .It was very good,wife had rack of lamb,I had groupper and our friend had the Bingo burger.The burger had an egg on it,and he said it was good.Nice place but without air condition and only fans it could get hot inside.Only two days left and watching the NY news its starting to get cold.The weather has been in the 70's in NJ.

Eagle Beach, exploring the "Outback", Madi's tour to the Natural Pool , dinner at Papiamento's
    Quote Originally Posted by DANNYO;[COLOR=black
    188065] they had no milk at all.I spoke to another shopper and he said that he was at other markets and they were out also.If all the markets are running out of milk before there next delivery,Why dont they order more?I know its imported ,is there a limit on how much they can order?[/COLOR]
    Everyone ran out of milk while we were there too! We found the non-refrigerated imported milk worked well with cereal,etc, didn't like the taste so much for drinking it straight!

Aruba since 1979
    the milk that is imported comes in only once or twice a week.
    if we are planning on bringing checked luggage, we always bring a "parmalat" milk.
    it is the ultra pasteurized milk, has a long unrefrigerated shelf life and once opened must be refrigerated and then only lasts as long as regular milk.

Glad your having a great time. We have had the same problem with the milk at the end of the week. Even if you had found some it would be stale dated in a day or two. We "run" for milk on the arrival days and then have to hope we bought the right amount. Sometimes too much and it goes to waste and sometimes not enough.

How are the tag police doing? I know it sound silly but I am glad that they are at least enforcing the policy. At Christmas it is beyond wild what goes on at the pool (glad I go to the beach but it isn't all that much better). People wake up and go down to get chairs at 5:30 am, go back to sleep and as the sun rises (7 am) they go back up to their room as they can put the tags on their chairs. By 6:30am there are almost no chairs at the pool left. May be it will be better now that there is a new pool.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Glad your having a great time. We have had the same problem with the milk at the end of the week. Even if you had found some it would be stale dated in a day or two. We "run" for milk on the arrival days and then have to hope we bought the right amount. Sometimes too much and it goes to waste and sometimes not enough.

How are the tag police doing? I know it sound silly but I am glad that they are at least enforcing the policy. At Christmas it is beyond wild what goes on at the pool (glad I go to the beach but it isn't all that much better). People wake up and go down to get chairs at 5:30 am, go back to sleep and as the sun rises (7 am) they go back up to their room as they can put the tags on their chairs. By 6:30am there are almost no chairs at the pool left. May be it will be better now that there is a new pool.
    The tag police are out every day,so if anyone goes down before seven they remove there tags.The new pool is nice but that is not going to help the over crowded conditions during high season.Should be very interesting.There is about 100 chairs.

Day 13 10/29/30

Did our morning walk and than went to breakfast at La Vista.Had lunch in our room and dinner at Tomato Charlies,The weather today was great, sunny some clouds and even prizes all over.Tomorrow should be fun,It seems that Aruba has Halloween a day early.

Day 14 10/30/10

Did our morning walk that stopped at Bushi Bagel.For a quick breakfast or bagel sandwich this place is great prices are very good also.Did pool and ocean and than met up with friends that just got in ,They wanted to go to Smokey Joe's so we went.IMO Tony Romo's has much better ribs.Weather was much in the same some quick showers and clouds.
    Last edited by DANNYO; 11-01-2010 at 08:42 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast