Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dave and Jodie are in Aruba

Quote Originally Posted by DaveNJodie View Post
    No one would take us from the airport to the Renaissance for less than $20 and the other family we are traveling with was charged extra for heavy bags - not cool.
    I'm assuming you never got in touch with Bully huh? Enjoy the rest of your trip. If you want I can give you Bully's number incase you need him to go to dinner or somewhere. Let me know I'll PM ya.

Thanks for the report....continue to enjoy!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Never heard back from Bully. We finally found a cab driver named Hilton who stuck to the published taxi fares...

Monday...woke up to the heat of the sun...not a cloud in the sky. We had cereal in our room and then packed up for the private island. Kids fed the fish from the bridge leading to the adult side of the island and then fed the flamingos for a little while. We set up near the restaurant and the kids hunted for hermit crabs and snails while the adults relaxed in the water. We stayed on the island from about 9 am to 3 pm with a short lunch at the restaurant. Even though we lotioned three times during the day, we all burnt our shoulders and necks a bit. Went early to the Buccaneer for dinner which was good. Kids loved the turtles swimming by and the lobster bisque was excellent. Our friends had the Paella Arubiana which was a huge tasty meal, and we had the land and sea (grouper, shrimp, and filet mignon) as well as the catch of the day (broiled red snapper). Prices are very reasonable and it was a fun night out.

Dave and Jodie
    See you in Aruba!!!
    Next Aruba trip in

Thanks for the daily update. Sorry about the sunburn, but sounds like a terrific family vacation.

Never heard back from Bully. We finally found a cab driver named Hilton who stuck to the published taxi fares...

Monday...woke up to the heat of the sun...not a cloud in the sky. We had cereal in our room and then packed up for the private island. Kids fed the fish from the bridge leading to the adult side of the island and then fed the flamingos for a little while. We set up near the restaurant and the kids hunted for hermit crabs and snails while the adults relaxed in the water. We stayed on the island from about 9 am to 3 pm with a short lunch at the restaurant. Even though we lotioned three times during the day, we all burnt our shoulders and necks a bit. Went early to the Buccaneer for dinner which was good. Kids loved the turtles swimming by and the lobster bisque was excellent. Our friends had the Paella Arubiana which was a huge tasty meal, and we had the land and sea (grouper, shrimp, and filet mignon) as well as the catch of the day (broiled red snapper). Prices are very reasonable and it was a fun night out.

Dave and Jodie
    D & J - Glad you made it to the Buccaneer! I can't wait to go back myself. If you are doing some flotaing around the water on a raft or whatever you need to apply more then 3 times even if it is waterproof/sweatproof. We usually apply 5 / 6 times easy. Unless I had 20 Balashis and kinda pass out.

Tuesday...casual breakfast of egg sandwiches from Dunkin Donuts. Kids were a little tired so we spent the morning at the pool. Had lunch at the pool bar (which the kids really enjoyed). Fried grouper, chicken fingers, shrimp and chicken wings all were excellent. Did a little more shopping downtown in the afternoon and then the kids took a short nap while we relaxed on the balcony. Went to the Bon Bini Festival at Fort Zoutman (almost across the street from the Ren Suites). Local crafts for sale, a local meal for $7.50 consisting of a beef/chicken and pork kabob, yellow rice, corn, macaroni salad and plantains. Yummy! Also ham and cheese pastichi for $1.00. The local bands, singers and dancers were excellent. What a great night out for the $3.00 entrance fee.

We then went to see the show at the Crystal Theater called Havana Dance. The show was good but not great - very similar to the Lets Go Latin show that used to play in the same theater. I would say the show is similar to the Vegas type productions on the cruise ships. A bit too pricey at $49.00 for adults and $25 for kids. They didn't even offer drink service.

Wednesday...had breakfast at the dutch pancake house (thanks forum members). The crepes were outstanding and very filling. Another gorgeous day so we're off to the private island...
    See you in Aruba!!!
    Next Aruba trip in

Another gorgeous day so we're off to the private island...
    I am extremely jealous!
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 02-07-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Thanks for the updates!!

Wednesday and Thursday...

More of the same with perfect weather and days spent in paradise at the private island. Wind has been very calm and snorkeling has been unbelievable! Mosquitos have been bothersome at the open-air restaurants - bring your bug spray. We had our best picture-perfect sunset this evening...so clear you could seee Venezeula in the distance.

Unfortunately, we have to leave the Renaissance tomorrow and we head over to the Aruban Resort for a few days. Kids are excited for the water slide. I'll let you know how the renovations are going.

Dave and Jodie
    See you in Aruba!!!
    Next Aruba trip in

Wednesday and Thursday...

Unfortunately, we have to leave the Renaissance tomorrow and we head over to the Aruban Resort for a few days. Kids are excited for the water slide. I'll let you know how the renovations are going.

Dave and Jodie
    Will be interested to hear your report re: renovations at the Aruban- we will be there this fri 12/19-12/27

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12