• Yes, always

14 42.42%
  • Yes, but only the first time, because I knew I would return

6 18.18%
  • No

13 39.39%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Did You Shed A Tear When Your Plane Left Aruba?

jer
    Ha!!!!! As we got off the plane, I looked at all the sad faces behind he glass and said, "I feel bad for them, but that will he us soon enough.". Sure enough, I saw the people arriving from the other side and dimly felt lousy. I didn't cry, but I was really surprised how bummed out I was after our trip. We've been back for two weeks and I still get waves of melancholy. Today, my wife sent me a text asking if we could just go back.
    Jer

When we arrive I try NOT to look at the people in the crying room, because I try NOT to look at the people arriving while I am in the crying room. I really don't want the people leaving to feel bad because I am arriving--but you know when I am sitting in the crying room, the arrivals don't seem to care how I feel--what is up with that?? hahahaha
    Pat (OHHHHH look at how close I am to being an "arrival")

Quote Originally Posted by Love Aruba View Post
    When we arrive I try NOT to look at the people in the crying room, because I try NOT to look at the people arriving while I am in the crying room. I really don't want the people leaving to feel bad because I am arriving--but you know when I am sitting in the crying room, the arrivals don't seem to care how I feel--what is up with that?? hahahaha
    Pat (OHHHHH look at how close I am to being an "arrival")

I try not to look either. It is terrible to view their sadness when I have so much joy upon arrival and while sitting in the crying room, so sad to see their happy smiles when they have arrived.

Anywhere I can feel the sun and the nice aruban breeze!
    When I go on vacation, I am always happy especially before our last cruise. We visited 7 islands and we were hesitating between 3 of them for the next segment of our life. We made our final choice when we came back home and Aruba was the grand winner!!

When we took the plane home, I was happy even if I knew I won't be coming under the sun very often in the next 5 years. It is now time for us to make our dream come through no matter what are the sacrifices we have to make.

Life isn't always easy but it sure is beautifull!!

I am upset when we leave but dont shed a tear. I do shed a tear when my Balashi is empty though....

I remember my first trip three years ago. I wanted to cry when we were leaving but I knew we were going to return and we did six months later and now we will be returning for our third year in July. I CAN"T wait 78 days to go....

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i not only cry (only on the way to the airport), i think about making faces and gestures to those that are arriving while i am in the crying room.

I think I saw you the first time we entered to Aruba

Aruba since 1979
    very likely :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
    I think I saw you the first time we entered to Aruba

EAGLE & PALM BEACH ORANJESTAD PADDOCK - MADAME JEANETTE SOLE MARE KUKKO KUNUKOO
    No crying , just planning when to return and if the little ones will be with us or not.

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    I don't think I cried until we stepped foot in our local airport when we got home (there was snow on the ground). I tried to turn around and get back on the plane but my husband dragged me to the car. It did help when he told me we'd go back and even more so when I bought the tickets!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast