Aruba Beach
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree223Likes

Thread: Dion Family trip 8/3 - 8/19/16

DAY SEVEN

Slept in a little bit, my husband woke up when I was getting out of bed and said "GO TO SLEEP WOMAN!" so I tried. But wound up getting up, threw a load of laundry in the washer, went to secure a hut on the beach, came back to put the clothes in the dryer, waited, folded everything, made sandwiches for the beach and went back down to the beach. The boys & Rich came down at 11! 11! can you imagine missing all that time at the beach? lol

Headed back to the pool for bingo, none of us won, they did trivia and happy hour and I stayed on my lounge chair lounging & reading and enjoying the sun & breeze. Showered & went to the Islander Grill for dinner. Taco Tuesday! All you can eat taco station. They have ground beef, shredded pork & shredded chicken. Hard & soft shells and all kinds of different toppings.

Back to the room for a few hands of rummy before we were all falling asleep at the table!

Boring day to tell you all about, but it was still a great day!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    the boring, beach, bingo, taco days are the best.
    never bored of reading your story.

i would imagine that you are glued to flight tracker til the wheels are down!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    DAY SEVEN

Slept in a little bit, my husband woke up when I was getting out of bed and said "GO TO SLEEP WOMAN!" so I tried. But wound up getting up, threw a load of laundry in the washer, went to secure a hut on the beach, came back to put the clothes in the dryer, waited, folded everything, made sandwiches for the beach and went back down to the beach. The boys & Rich came down at 11! 11! can you imagine missing all that time at the beach? lol

Headed back to the pool for bingo, none of us won, they did trivia and happy hour and I stayed on my lounge chair lounging & reading and enjoying the sun & breeze. Showered & went to the Islander Grill for dinner. Taco Tuesday! All you can eat taco station. They have ground beef, shredded pork & shredded chicken. Hard & soft shells and all kinds of different toppings.

Back to the room for a few hands of rummy before we were all falling asleep at the table!

Boring day to tell you all about, but it was still a great day!

Lol at Rich telling you to go to sleep. I have been told the same. I am loving your trip. Sounds like you are getting some nice relaxing days and good food. Glad you liked the Parm Grouper at Barneys too.
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. #8 will be great in November!

I need to take lessons from your family, sleeping into 11am sounds good right now after 4 hours of sleep last night. On the plus side I am not hung over today though, lol.

I know the feeling ... I get up early and my boys tell "go back to bed" heck no .. we are on vacation and there is plenty of time to sleep.. on the beach, at the pool or even a snooze with a drink in the hand.

The girl child is here in my room, napping on the bed with her daddy Heart officially full.

DAY EIGHT

We slept in as much as possible. I was up at 3 AM texting with Brianna as she made her way from her shore rental to JFK - then I would doze off till the next text came in.

No beach or pool day - we actually dressed in clothes rather than bathing suits for the first time since we've been here! We went to the owner's meeting at 10, leaving the boys in the lobby to have Cinnabon breakfast sandwiches and play on the computers in the mezzanine. They were thrilled. We went to owner's services and finally picked up our Deeds - forgot that last year! Rich & Jason went back to the room, Mom, Mike & I went to Superfood to pick up the next round of groceries - Brianna's coming which means having salad & cucumbers and good food for snacking. And on the other hand, having Michael with me meant buying the junk food I didn't buy the first shopping trip - stroopwaffles, botterkok, chocolate wafers, etc.

Dropped Mom off at the front door with a bellman and all the groceries then Mike & I headed for the airport!!! We circled once then we saw Brianna come out of the doors with a HUGE smile on her face Delta flight was great - left a little early, landed about 1/2 hr early, happy flow line, quick luggage pick up - all was good!

Stopped at the food truck on Eagle Beach on the way home, got to LaCabana and Brianna crashed - she was exhausted!

I putzed around the room - super happy to have all my little birds in the same nest and before I knew it, it was time to go meet Jay & his family - I had actually missed the happy hour siren!

We had such a nice time with Jay, his lovely bride and their precious little guy. They got to meet a few of my friends at the bar Brianna woke up and came down to meet them at the bar. The boys all got to play on the playground a bit and jumped in the pool together. It was very sweet to watch my boys take this little one under their wings We totally enjoyed getting to know them a bit and hopefully they all got a good feel of what staying at LaCabana would be like. I wish they were able to stay longer, but the little one was pretty tired and needed some down time.

My mom made chicken cacciatore with ziti for dinner - she cooked for an entire army! We ate & then went down to the pool deck for movie time - Angry Birds - then back upstairs for some rummy before we all crashed very early.

Aruba since 1979
    It is a good feeling having "all of your birds in the nest" isn't it?!

during movie time, were there mosquitos?

again, thanks for sharing your adventures!!

So nice you were able to meet up with Jay and his family. It's always fun to meet up with people from the forum. Have fun today with all your family there!

Glad to hear that your daughter got in without any delays and in one piece. That pilot and co-pilot must have kicked the engines into overdrive if they managed to get the flight into Aruba 1/2 hour earlier. Enjoy the Fun times on the Happy Island. Then again, how can you not...

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast