Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Divi Phoenix...10/18 - 11/03...2014

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    hope that your wife is feeling better tomorrow and glad that it is your BIL that has to go out before sunrise to get the palapa. hahahaha

i am posting a photo i snagged from google images for those that do not know what protiferoles are.

matthews have imo the best protiferoles!

again thanks for sharing

Attachment 3250
    Since I'm French and because the "choux à la crème" were my mom favorite dessert, this is an easy one for me...
    The correct dessert name is profiteroles.
    Last edited by qlaval; 11-01-2014 at 01:35 PM.
    Pierre

Fri 10/31…Up again at 7:20 and had a strange yearning for something sweet, like maybe a dutch pancake. Thought I’d try something new so I went to Linda’s. ha! Bananas, walnuts, whipped cream and apples. Yum! Spent the day in the water on another beautiful sunny day. Tried another new place tonight that everyone can’t believe we haven’t tried yet. Got to Papiamento at 7:30 and walked into a beautiful setting. The place is amazing, although, it was a little warm with not much air moving. We all had fantastic dishes and added another restaurant to our must do list.

Sat 11/1…Yep, I couldn’t have ordered nicer weather. I love Aruba!!! We met my wife’s old boss at the pier. He and his wife came in on a cruise so we wanted to show them our place and give them a little tour of the island. After showing off our penthouse at the Phoenix we took them up to the lighthouse. They own a condo in the Caymans and have traveled the world but they were very impressed with Aruba. We then drove up to the Chapel and ended up at Tierra del Sol for lunch. I’ve never been there either and just found another must do restaurant. The lunch was delicious with such a nice setting. Got them back to the ship and still had time to hit the beach for a few hours. Went to Wacky Wahoos for dinner. Not the best place to go if you’re not a big fish eater. They did expand the place a bit but still a little crowded and noisy. Not a place to sit back and relax. Best plate of the night was my SIL lightly blackened Barracuda. I could actually order a whole plate of that. It was delicious! Headed home and prepare ourselves for our last whole day on the beach.

Sun 11/2…Tried to suck in every minute of our last full day on the beach. Took a walk up the sidewalk, grabbed a little breakfast then up to Bugaloe for lunch. They are definitely our go to lunch place now. Went to Screaming Eagle for our last dinner of the trip. We went 2 years ago and it got bumped last year at the last minute. Can’t believe we bumped it. We all had such a great meal. Their potato truffle soup is crazy! Between the sea bass, scallops, lobster, baked brie, halibut, and my chicken, it was a delightful evening. Now unfortunately, time to pack it up and accept the fact that we’re going home.

Mon 11/3…Of course, I had to go get my last trip to Linda’s in. Stephan was there and gave us our crepes on the house since we practically lived there the last 2+ weeks. I will miss my dutch pancakes! So on a practically full stomach we still ended up at Tierra del Sol for lunch since my SIL and Popeye didn’t see it. Their curry chicken salad is crazy good! Dropped the car off with Hans(once again, best car rental on the island). Got to the airport at 3:30 and sitting at the gate by 4:25. Flights home went real well and all of a sudden back to reality. It’s amazing how fast time goes. I treasure every minute I have in Aruba and can’t wait to get back next year. Already counting down. 345 days! Thanks all for reading. I hope I was able to give some helpful information. Goodnight!

Aruba since 1979
    loved every sentence of your story!

seemed that your trip went way too quickly.........again thanks for sharing.

back to work for the holiday rush!

now it is almost my turn!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234