Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Divi Phoenix...10/19 - 11/04

Thanks Andrea for running such a great board! I know it's my escape when I'm home counting down the days. Peg, it makes me feel good that I can help some people out as much as they've helped me. Lewny1, I know it seems so impossible to us dutch pancake lovers to think someone doesn't like them. I'm sure you've figured out who doesn't like them in my group. He doesn't go with us to Linda's. He eats a warm dry bagel in the morning.

Wed 10/30...This just in "SOX WIN...SOX WIN...SOX WIN!!! I'm allowed to talk about baseball on this forum because Xander Bogaerts plays for the Red Sox. What a big time player he will be. Anyway, back to the day. Yep it's Wednesday, crepe hump day. Added apples to the usual suspects. Good stuff! While at Linda's it dumped rain for about 15 mins which flooded some streets out front. By the time we were done eating the sun was out bright and stayed out the rest of the day. We stopped at Lings to pick up a few things then to the Alhambra shops. Wife likes one of the clothes stores there. On the beach by 11. Love the golden tan we get here. Different color than any other place we go. Picking our friends up at 6:45 to try and enjoy Madame Janette's before the game. Ok, of all nights to take, what seemed to be hours, to get our food, it was tonight. I was doing a lot of watch watching, but our waitress did give me the Wi-Fi password so I could keep track of the game on my phone. On to the food. My wife got the schnitzel, huge piece of meat and very tender and tasty. SIL got Mahi Mahi special, very good in a spicy sauce. Our friends got Snapper and Sea Bass that they both loved. I was hungry for a steak tonight so I got a filet mignon. It was very good but I still think Daniel's steaks are better. I think if I wasn't so keyed up for the game I would have enjoyed my meal a lot more. And, I had to save this one for last. BIL has been talking about how he needs to eat so healthy that he wanted to try to eat fish. Had a taste of his wife's almond crusted grouper last week at MJ's so thought he'd try it. Ordered it without almond crust and no spices. The first time he EVER ordered any type of fish. He wouldn't admit it, but I could see it was a struggle to get the whole thing down. It was a beautiful night and as always, enjoyed our dining experience there. Rushed home to catch up with the game in the 4th inning. Did I happen to mention the SOX WIN!!! Gotta try to get some sleep once my heart slows down. We have a day of shopping ahead of us. Happy Thursday to all. Good night!

Aruba since 1979
    Hahahah he had the healthy choice grouper.

I read your your words and just seem to focus on your bil. Hahahahah

Pabien Xander

Feeling the love for Aruba my friend!! Again thanks for keeping us on the island with you
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Thur 10/31...Well, well, well, this happy camper woke up at 6 thinking about the game. eventually fell back to sleep until 7. Big day of shopping ahead. We always pick a day to go do our shopping downtown, usually waiting for a not so nice day. We are running out of time so decided to go today. Turns out this was the day to go since it started to rain while there. Bought the usual stuff, shirts, a little jewelry, and dreamed of some watches to wear while sitting in my 5 bdrm penthouse on the beach. Grabbed a bite to eat at Pizza and More and got to see the new trolley in action. What a nice setup. It's really nice what they're doing to the shopping area in back of the Renaissance. When we got back to the beach(cloudy), about 3, some friends told us they ate at the new Carpe Diem restaurant beside the Paddock. I haven't seen much written about the place but they loved it. Guess I'll put it on the list for next year. More rain about 4 that ran us off the beach. Hope this is a crazy front that will be short lived. We take and elderly couple we met at the Phoenix to Pizza Bob's each year and tonight was the night. It's such a simple pizza but we love the crispy crust and it's a break from some of the nicer places we go. Guess who got the pizza with only sauce on it. Might as well eat cardboard. We walked over to Baskin Robbins for some ice cream and called it an early night. I can hear Linda's calling me. It's starting to set in, we only have 3 full days left on the island. I am going to miss this place so much! Happy Friday everyone! Good night!

Enjoy your last days. Fingers crossed for better weather!

Thanks for sharing your trip to the Happy Island with those of us who have been there, miss it tremendously and look forward to visiting again....hopefully before the end of the year. Enjoy your remaining few days on Aruba, yeah its going to be so hard to leave after spending many wonderful days on paradise. The best way to deal with it, is to begin the countdown to your next visit; with that in mind leaving won't feel all that bad. Take care and have lots of fun!!
    Val.

Crying over the pizza with only sauce!! Thanks for that!

LOL enjoy your last days. I for one will miss your BIL reports!

I have a love/hate relationship with your trip reports!!!! Big time Detroit Tigers fan here so I am wishing it was the Tigers in the Red Sox position right now...only consolation is that Xander Bogaerts was part of the team.
    But I loved your reports so much that it outweighed hearing all over again about the World Series outcome.
    As I read each installation, I could picture you there (actually I could picture me there) as we own and stay at the Phoenix for 2 weeks in February...counting down the days! We have dined at the same places and love to hear about other people's experiences too. Please more details on
    Waka Waka...where is it located? Have not tried it yet and always looking for new places...amazing that after 15 years we still find new places to try on top of our favourites!
    We tried Windows last year and it was very good but I have a preference with outdoor or open air type restaurants when in Aruba...can't get that in february in Canada!
    We love the spa at the Radissson but my husband who goes for a massage every other day when on vacation goes to a place near the hospital, great prices and massages but not all the extras like Larimar Spa which we go to 2 times during the 2 weeks.
    I too will be sorry when your holiday ends as there will be no more trip reports from you until next year!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast