Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Divi Phoenix...10/19 - 11/04

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes and kind words. I'm just trying to help others out as much as they've helped me. Shout out to huffdaddy for introducing himself tonight at Pinchos. Wish him a tremendous 3 weeks in paradise. Val, ha I already started the countdown on my phone the day we got here. 350 to go! Walt, I'd cry if that's the way I had to eat my pizza. Gimme the cheese! arubahenry, If the Sox didn't make it, Detroit would've been the team I cheered for. Don't you just love the Phoenix?!!! Waka Waka location--take the road at the Promenade past Ling's to the stop sign at the top of the hill. Turn left, a little down the road on the left is ABC Tours. That's it! They started as a place to bring their Jeep tour riders back for lunch and opened to the public late last year.

Fri 11/1...Yes, I put the car on auto pilot and got to Linda's about 8:30. Added strawberries to the usual. It just doesn't get old to me. I could eat there everyday but I may not fit in my plane seat. Does that mean I would have to stay here? Not a very nice day until about 3:00. Not much more than sprinkles here and there but was very cloudy with threat of rain. We walked up the sidewalk to hit a few little shops along the way and stopped at Scot's Brats for a quick bite. They were out of brats so had a hot dog. Nice little place. By that time we could see the sun was breaking through so we headed back down to our beach and sucked in as much sun as we could before we had to get ready to make our 6:00 resv at Pinchos. We were debating all day whether to cancel since the weather was iffy. Glad we didn't because we had a beautiful sunset. This was our first time there and really like the setting. Seated right away, good service, nice views. SIL got grouper that she was very happy with. Came with rice and veggies. BIL(we shall call him Perdue) got CHICKEN. He wasn't too crazy about it because he asked for plain ol chicken but it was marinated. The "other couple" got the special seafood mixed grill and twin lobster tails. She said it was her best meal so far this year and he said the lobster tails were very good. Both my wife and I got the skewer mixed grill. Steak, pork, chicken, chorizo, and shrimp. Although good, I could understand where my BIL was coming from. All the meat seemed to be marinated the same. It all tasted pretty much the same. I also had the Snickers pie which I liked very much. Overall, I'd go back there to eat, just order something else. Ended up going to the Paseo Harencia Mall to walk around a little then back to see our friend's penthouse at the Bucuti. Very nice, first class place! Came back to enjoy our last night in our penthouse since we have to change rooms tomorrow for the last couple of days on the island. Oh, I hate saying that, but reality is setting in that it's almost over for another 350 days. Everyone enjoy your weekend! I know I'm going to suck up every last happy moment I can while in my little paradise. Good night!

Aruba since 1979
    i am sorry to read that Pinchos dropped the ball a little as far as their meats tasting like marinade.
    but glad to hear that you'd go back and glad to read that the sunset provided a nice backdrop!!

now it is time for you to (in your words) "suck up every last happy moment"

enjoy and i hope that the weather is good today.

thank you for taking the time to write

Thanks for all the reports. I can live like I am in Aruba!!!!
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Sat 11/2...OK, so I'm trying not to let it get me down but every so often it hits me that it's almost over. Man, I love this place. After a beautiful sunny morning it turned to more clouds by afternoon. We walked up to Bugaloe Bar for lunch. Wife had a hot dog and I, a burger. Don't usually rave too much about lunch but her hot dog was plump and juicy and my burger, hand patted and tasty. Both on very fresh buns. Anyway, went back to the beach and got all pruned up until 3:30 the went up to see the beginning of the ND game. The Blue Angels were doing a flyover during the National Anthem. My son's best friend all through school is the pilot of #3 plane. What a fantastic kid who was practically our second child growing up. Unfortunately, they didn't carry the game on out TV. Back to the beach for a long afternoon since we didn't have resv at Daniels Steakhouse till 7:30. We were very nicely greeted and seated right away. My wife had a 10oz Filet that of course I had to help her eat. Also, had the 4 cheese risotto(I ate most of it). SIL had some kind of fish that I never heard of. I thought it was too fishy but she liked it a lot. The "other couple" split a 10oz Filet along with Lobster Bisque, and wedge salad, that they enjoyed very much. My BIL and I switched it up tonight. He had a 6oz Filet with dry baked potato and I had the special garlic roasted 1/2 chicken with truffle mashed potatoes. I'm a sucker for garlic. My chicken was very good although didn't seem like enough meat on the bones. That's ok because I ate half of my wife's meal. We always enjoy our meal there and will continue to go back at least once a year. Went over and walked around the Palm Beach Plaza for a bit then called it a night. Last day of sun tomorrow so we need to get up early and soak it in. Happy Sunday, God Bless! Good night!

Aruba since 1979
    A dry baked potato. Hmmmm.

Was someone holding a gun to BIL's head forcing him to eat the beef?

Are u heading to airport to greet Xander tomorrow at 1?

I hope that your final full day on island is wonderful, sunny and breezy.
    I hope you get a chance to give a final report.

Thanks so much .
    Quote Originally Posted by explorer213 View Post
    Sat 11/2...OK, so I'm trying not to let it get me down but every so often it hits me that it's almost over. Man, I love this place. After a beautiful sunny morning it turned to more clouds by afternoon. We walked up to Bugaloe Bar for lunch. Wife had a hot dog and I, a burger. Don't usually rave too much about lunch but her hot dog was plump and juicy and my burger, hand patted and tasty. Both on very fresh buns. Anyway, went back to the beach and got all pruned up until 3:30 the went up to see the beginning of the ND game. The Blue Angels were doing a flyover during the National Anthem. My son's best friend all through school is the pilot of #3 plane. What a fantastic kid who was practically our second child growing up. Unfortunately, they didn't carry the game on out TV. Back to the beach for a long afternoon since we didn't have resv at Daniels Steakhouse till 7:30. We were very nicely greeted and seated right away. My wife had a 10oz Filet that of course I had to help her eat. Also, had the 4 cheese risotto(I ate most of it). SIL had some kind of fish that I never heard of. I thought it was too fishy but she liked it a lot. The "other couple" split a 10oz Filet along with Lobster Bisque, and wedge salad, that they enjoyed very much. My BIL and I switched it up tonight. He had a 6oz Filet with dry baked potato and I had the special garlic roasted 1/2 chicken with truffle mashed potatoes. I'm a sucker for garlic. My chicken was very good although didn't seem like enough meat on the bones. That's ok because I ate half of my wife's meal. We always enjoy our meal there and will continue to go back at least once a year. Went over and walked around the Palm Beach Plaza for a bit then called it a night. Last day of sun tomorrow so we need to get up early and soak it in. Happy Sunday, God Bless! Good night!

Enjoy your beach day tomorrow!

Andrea, I think "Perdue" agreed to 2 steaks while on the island. I believe this would have been his second. A dry baked potato sounds like a pretty blah side to me too. That being said, Explorer, I want to thank you for your daily reports. I feel as though my own trip was extended by reading about yours. I am glad you had a great time and hope your last hours on Aruba are just as great. Safe travels to you all!

Yes, he said would break down and eat 2 steaks while here. We are getting to the airport at 1 so if I'm lucky, I'll get to cross paths with him. Kind of cloudy right now but I am going to wish them all away.

11/3...Last full day on My Happy Island. Got up early as to savor every last second. Got to the beach at 9 to overcast skies with occasional sun. When the sun breaks through it is very hot since there isn't much air moving. We enjoyed out dogs and burgers so much yesterday at Bugaloe we decided on another. Of course, you think it'll never be as good as the first, but it was! Walking back to the Phoenix we talked about how much were love our beach because they were packed in like sardines in front of the Riu and Westin. Stayed at the beach until 6, saying our goodbyes and crying over our last peaceful dusk on the water for the year. Had our last dinner at Windows. Can't believe after all the times we've eaten at Mulligans and even stayed at the Divi Golf, this is the first time we've eaten there. Beautiful, well run place. My wife got a filet that was a little overcooked but had a great taste. Started it off with a great Cauliflower soup. SIL also had the soup and Sea Bass which was great. The "other couple" split a salad, Lobster Bisque, and the Sea Bass. Loved it. Perdue and I both had the chicken(his plain of course). Very tender and moist and served with linguine in truffle cream sauce(his no sauce). Also a very good dish. I did start with a bowl of the Parmesan soup which was fantastic. Almost as good as the Truffle Potato soup at Screaming Eagle. Ended with a bunch of very good desserts. We will definitely put this on our list for a special meal. Went home after dinner to start our packing so everything isn't such a rush tomorrow. Flight isn't until 3:35 but hate to do things last minute. DW may have to drag me out of Linda's tomorrow. Ok, off to bed to cry myself to sleep. Hope your week goes fast and the next 50 weeks go fast for me. Good night!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast