Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Divi's trip - Nov 26 - Dec 5

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Thanks so much for your trip report, I thoroughly enjoy reading it.

How amazing that the ship at Pelican's Nest was built in South Africa and that it took three months to arrive in Aruba. Did they actually sail across the ocean? That must have been quite some adventure (and kind of dangerous). Many years ago I have been in Kenya on a ship like that going out into the Indian Ocean, the waves are mighty!

The band at Divi sounds fantastic! And a lead singer sounding like Tina Turner ~ priceless!

Glad you are all feeling better. Enjoy your stay in Paradise!

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Yes CK, the ship actually shipped across the country and it took 3 months, we were told only 3 crew members. 2 of the 3 were in the hull and the captain who was driving the ship at the time had to tie himself to the mask as the seas were so rough. We were told they could only see blue water for quite some time, it is amazing how large the ocean really is.

Very windy here today, morning was on and off sun but now it is very sunny.

Any of you divi fans, bartender Rafael is retiring next November 1st so if you come before then be sure to wish him well. Willie the bar manager just received a award it was in today's newspaper for Bar Manager of the year, quite an honor indeed.

It is crazy how fast the new addition of the Divi is going, since we arrived last Thursday they have made tons of progress. They basically work until it is almost dark. just about all of the sliding glass doors are installed since we arrived, pool is really coming along and is huge. 4 stories total, next year will be so different, hopefully not too crowded.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Thanks for that additional info, DiviDiviFan. That's really outstanding and very brave of those three men!
    Those are always my thoughts when I'm at the Natural Bridge looking out on the ocean and watching those mighty waves.

Excited for Raphael. He has always been one of my favorites. May have to stay a few nights at the Divi so we can say good by! I kept missing Willie all week but Tom saw him a few times. Just as we getting a taxi to the Rennaisance he ran up and gave me a big hug. Nice to hear good people are rewarded!

I'm so glad you introduced yourself! I am so sorry for being such a mess! I had been drinking all day and that shot of fireball at happy hour really got me! We had to get to Bugaloe to get our table before sending them off so we didn't get to stay longer. You and your husband had great seats! I'm not as in love with Pelicans as I used to be but still one of our got to happy hours.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    It was fun meeting you as well Tracey, maybe another year we can have a drink together. Funny thing is when I was trying to figure out if that was your table as soon as I heard "fireball" I said it must be (lol).....Glad everyone made their way back to the ship in time. Continued fun in the sun

The band you saw was the Equator Band. The woman's name is Hannah. Unfortunately she was vacationing the week we were there and they had a guy fill in for her- not so good without her. The band is our favorite and we always try and catch them at Bugaloe on Sunday nights. Hopefully we will catch them when we are back in May!

We hhave seen Equator the band a few times on previous visits,. They keep the crowd going and that lead singer is just a little ball of energy. We really like them.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Hanna & Equator are a great time!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Aruba since 1979
    Safe and easy travels DiviFan.

So glad your next trip is booked

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast