Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: First Of many reports Cindy & Rob

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River

Day #2 Cindy and Rob

Hit the gym this am. They added lots more equipment since we were last here in November. Spent 45 min there and the place was empty when we left at 8 am. Convenient location for us as we go down in the elevator and we are right at the gym.

sat at our palapa most of the day with the exception of a walk down to the Ritz, got some iced watermelon water there and turned around and headed to S it's Brats. Chated with Leslie and Scot while we had lemonade and vodka drinks. Ordered some license plates with our names..

Posted our palapa location for anyone to stop and say hi on the Surf club FB page. Had one nice woman stop and chat with us. Her rental car got broken into at the Donkey place and her sister lost all her stuff, pocketbook, passport etc. Hans came and got them and gave them a new car. Poor woman! Heed the warning.

surf lost ot power this afternoon. I don't know how long it was or why, but it finally came on right before our pickup time.

bully picked us up and we headed to Matthews at CDM for dinner. Wow, another fabulous meal. We had grouper and a Argentinian steak. All excellent. Very happy with our meal! Would go back!

walked by the new splash pool at the Surf and it's open. Really cute and a great addition to this property.

till tomorrow...... Dinner at Windows

Aruba since 1979
    Glad all is going well!!

Hugs to Bully

I merged your Day 1 and 2 and combined it into 1 Aruba Story, so this is the thread where you should post if/when you get the opportunity.
    Looking forward to hearing about Windows!

Thanks so much for taking the time to post.

Who breaks into a car at the Donkey Place???

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    I will # the posts as to not get myself or others confused..

happily here, arrived on Jet Blue 12:09
    at luggage thing 12:19
    With Bully and arrived at surf 1:30
    traffic downtown was horrible

Played "who's on First" with the front desk. Room will be ready at 4, ( we knew this) ok where is it? We don't know.
    3:15 ish, is room ready yet, no 1/2 hour, where is it? We don't know. It was rewind and repeat conversation.
    we are in Compass building which makes Me Happy so we can use the gym downstairs.

went to Anna Marias last nite. Lovely lovely setting, private home in upscale neighborhood. Huge iron gates and had to be buzzed in. One waiter who there was quite attentive & took care of us. Actually we were very impressed , and if you know me I say it like it is.

For the nay Sayers, this really was a lovely evening, service was great, food fantastic . We were very very tired and I was close to cranky, but we were delighted with everything.

LOL! I like your style.

Seriously... An hour + ten mins from the airport?!? You'd need to peel me off the roof of the car. I swear: you have to avoid downtown at all costs now. We always swing out east from the airport. We may add 10 mins to the drive if there's no traffic downtown but I don't care. Vacations were not designed for rush hour traffic

Cindyo and I decided that, since this trip is just the two of us, we would do all new restaurants for us this trip. Either that, or places we hadn't gone to for some time.

Loved, loved, loved Anna Maria's. I don't come to Aruba for Italian Food, but this was very much worth it. Fabulous setting, service, food, selection and prices. We will be repeat customers.

Matthew's was very good too. Great service, warm, properly prepared food. Very happy with them.

As Cindy mentioned.....Saturday was a full day on the beach. Today, after a quick run to the gym in a few minutes then breakfast in our room, we'll be under payalpa 405 for the day today (Sunday).
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Thanks for the report and keep it coming. I just got back yesterday and it was my tenth trip to Aruba and the best time I ever had of all my trips for 7 nights. I did absolutely nothing but lay around the beach reading, drinking and swimming. Even better than the time I went for 14 nights. I took a late flight for a change so I got ther at 330pm and there was no traffic or cruise ship in port. When I got to my resort room was ready. Usually I take a 6am flight and arrive at 1030am. It gives me time to do my grocery shopping, have lunch but then I'm still waiting for a room until 5pm. I think I will stick with the later flights even if it means the first day is a waste but at least everything flows much easier..

I love Matthews and have ordered many items on their menu which have all been great. Their seafood, steaks are great! I wish I ate there on my last night instead of Chalet Suisse. The filet mignon are much better at Matthews and for less money. The filet mignon I had at Chalet was medium rare and tuff to cut. Filet is the most tender steak of all so it should have been easy to cut. Maybe I should have tried LG Smith Steak House instead. Oh well next time! Hey I heard some great things about Ricardo's next door to Matthews at Aruba Beach Club.

Well you guys enjoy the rest of your vacation!

R&C...Glad you are having a great start to your vacation...we are going to try AnnaMaria's for sure..since Dh is Italian and cooks quite a bit at home it will be nice to see how a really good Italian restaurant is. Mostly we stay away from them because our food at home is better....
    Keep posting and let us know how it is going....can't wait till November for our turn (seems like forever....)
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    #3 DAY
    gym, breakfast and Palapas by 9:30

walked the entire beach from Surf to the Westin/ Riu. Stopped at Bugaloe Bar for Piņa Coladas with Myer floaters. Yum... So yum I struggled walking in the sand. Bought T shirts at bar for home wear.
    cant believe all the changes at the newRiu. 2 new pools, super cool one at the new bar. Loungers built into walls and a super long stand up bar free standing. We could not get into the property as it was fenced off.

some jerk family decided to play their own music on the beach at Surf. Not only did they play it loud they also sang, danced and laughed the whole time. Three hours of this and Marriott security can do Noooothhhhiiiing.
    moved to lazy river. New restrictions on raft size posted. Ya think anyone cared? Nope, aircraft size things still floating .

bully picked us for 6 pm reservations at Windows. Lovely setting, gorgeous decor, great service and good food. Note I only said good.
    I enjoyed going, don't get me wrong, but my meal at AnnaMaria's and Matthews was better.
    had escargot, goat cheese endive salad, lamb and sea bass, hazelnut ice cream and some choc thing. Total $ 140. Not bad, ops forgot wine too.
    had Bully drop us off at Ritz . Was going to have a drink but no one was at bar. Live band played outside to 3 tables. Ended up at Champions watching game. Back at Surf 10 pm.

Tomorrow Black Pearl at 3:30

Aruba since 1979
    I have heard that Windows has no "wow factor".

So it was pretty dead at Ritz ?

Hope that your adventure on the Black Pearl tomorrow is FUN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    #3 DAY

bully picked us for 6 pm reservations at Windows. Lovely setting, gorgeous decor, great service and good food. Note I only said good.
    I enjoyed going, don't get me wrong, but my meal at AnnaMaria's and Matthews was better.
    had escargot, goat cheese endive salad, lamb and sea bass, hazelnut ice cream and some choc thing. Total $ 140. Not bad, ops forgot wine too.
    Cindy - how was the temperature at Windows? The last time we were there, I seriously thought we were going to have to leave... it was THAT cold - the air conditioning was set on "Keep The Meat Fresh". And it's time for them to renovate/re-do the decor... that 80s look/feel is getting a little tired. I agree though: the food is good... not spectacular but passable. I guess that's not a resounding recommendation LOL

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast