Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: First Of many reports Cindy & Rob

Aruba since 1979
    So glad that you got to visit Bobbie and John! Their home is lovely and we look forward to seeing the new one too!

I think that yu are right on the money with the tables/size at Wacky Wahoo. They just spread out a bit making it more roomy........thank goodness!

Log jam in the lazy river.....mayabe there is a need for traffic police.

Thank you so much for sharing.

The more I read your trip reports the ore anxious I am to get to Aruba! Thanks for sharing!!!

Cindy, don't tell anyone I told you this, but a straightened paper clip can break up a lot of log jams... sshhhh! JK

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Love you!!

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Cindy, don't tell anyone I told you this, but a straightened paper clip can break up a lot of log jams... sshhhh! JK

Aruba since 1979
    OMG you 2 are so bad. i love it too

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Good Morning folks... Last full day here as we are flying out tomorrow.
    yesterday was much of the same... Lube up, float, read, rest. Mid afternoon we went up to the lazy river and floating around.
    Now here I go on my rant.... Freaking jerks have a rope in the river to stay together with and form their personal flotilla.
    Hello security where might you be??? Also the band color changed from lite pink to black. A couple floats by us laughing with their Aqua color bracelets on. Security appears and misses the wrong color bracelets and the human island. While I believe they are trying efforts to stop this it isn't working. I know I should be chilling on vacation but I get totally get crazy nuts over this. Breath deep Cindy!!
    Bully picked us up and took us to Ventana Del Mars. Lovely setting, great service, quality meal. $120 for us. Had goat cheese salad, corn and crab chowder and both had grouper. My trip should be named, "Cindy does Grouper" as its day 5 I have had it.
    two hour event. Nice guitarist in back ground. Super nice evening. Go, 5 min cab ride from Surf.
    last day... Gotta go grab our palapa and soak in sights. Promised Rob I would go out at 8 am...
    maybe post tonite if I get packed early enuf
    Last edited by cindyo; 10-04-2014 at 03:09 PM.

My gosh just can't believe your vacation is coming to an end! Hope the lazy river today is just that -- lazy! I'm not much of a fish person. Tried grouper (fried) and enjoyed it. I'm thinking I need to expand my horizons and try a different grouper preparation.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Boy I know vacations in Aruba go by way too fast when I am there but I swear it goes by just as fast when members post every day, maybe it is because reading along seems like we are there with you all. Enjoyed your reports, safe travels home and start planning your next trip!

Cindy and Rob, thanks so much for sharing your trip with us. It was like we got to spend almost 2 extra weeks on the island. Glad we could join you at dinner, the beach and in that confounding lazy river. I have a big mouth and would drag a security person in the pool if people had a rope tied to each other. Did you notice the security folks have the current color band on their wrists? I guess it's to remind them. I also don't think it does much good. Hope you guys have a safe, quick flight home.

(And a some point, be sure to thank Johan Vaaler, credited with the invention of the paper clip.)

Your many days of grouper is right my alley! Your trip report has me more excited for our trip and reminds me that I did enjoy the lazy river more than I realized. We never went till late afternoon or evening time when it wasnt as busy. It always bothers me when people think their enjoyment is more important than mine and just disregard rules and common courtesy.
    Enjoy your last day and I wish you safe and smooth travels. Thanks for posting!
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast