Aruba Beach

Thread: First trip report while everyone is sleeping!

First trip report while everyone is sleeping!

Arrived on Saturday with no problems, got all our bags, car, phone no problems, Yeh!! Too bad my girlfriend who arrived via Air Canada (we went US Air) can't say the same, lost her bag and she was not too happy.

Went for groceries and then went to Gianni's for dinner. We love Gianni's and we had a very good dinner, outstanding actually, but they must get their act together and I will actually send them an email as if they don't work out some of their kinks they will be the master of their eventual undoing!
    I called at 5pm to see if we could get a reservation for dinner and were told that we could come at 8:30pm. Although that was a little late since we were up at 5am, we took the reservation. We arrived to see a very long line at the front desk. People were in line for checking in and to see if there was anything available. The problem was that the maitre de was checking in each person and then walking them over to their table, which took up too much time. They should have checked in the people and then passed them off to someone else? There were a few people that said they had reservations but their name was not on the list (I know sometimes people say this to get in) but one man had the reservation email on hand. He was offered an inside table although his reservation had clearly stated outside. People were waiting for tables who had no reservation but how could they possibly know if they had space when they were so behind in seeing who was showing up for their reservations!!
    Of course, when we got to the front of the line they had no record of my reservation, it was know 8:45pm and I was not happy as they told me I was going to have to wait.
    I went over to the manager and explained, politely, the situation and was annoyed by what had just transpired. I told him that and we would have gone elsewhere when we called if they couldn't have accomodated us and gone earlier too. We got a table 5 minutes later.
    Sat down and was greeted by a waiter who was quite knowledable but seemed to be more interested in what was going on at all the tables around him. He forgot to ask us if we wanted any drinks, which we didn't, so no big deal. We were four people and while he was taking our order, he twice looked away and was watching something while we were talking???
    All said, the meal was amazing. We have been to Gianni's numerous times and this has never happened before so I will give them a mulligan on service. We are going back there on March 5ht so we will see....

Weather was beautiful and the beach was what it always is.....FANTASTIC!!

Went downtown to see the carnival at about 6pm, it was great! Costumes were amazing. It was unbelievable to see all these people walking in these costumes both young and old, and I mean old, as a few were walking with canes!!!

Under duress, we went to Blossoms Japanese. My son really wanted to go as he hadn't been there in a few years and I was not keen as it was not very good when I was there in December. However, I must admit it was excellent last night. The food was back to its usual standards and we had Jimmy as the chef and he is truly the best one there! When I go back, I will ask for him as a chef as he is very entertaining, and is a good chef to boot!

Well, its almost 8:30am here and it is time to wake the troops and head to the beach. I have already been there, got my chairs and had a cup of coffee.

I will keep you all posted from sunny Aruba!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Smile

Randi, Please keep us posted because I just got back from 3 weeks there so I need a boast. I can act like I'm still there if you keep posting everyday. Where are you staying? Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

kent, I felt the same way reading your reports!!
    WE are at the Surf Club.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Where are you from?
    another fellow Ontarioan

Randi, enjoy your holidays!!! on Saturday we will be there also, can't wait!!! We are from Orangeville. How about you where are you from?

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Randi, thanks for the heads up on Gianni's. We made reservations for April already, and of course its school vaca week...hope that delay doesn't happen to us....keep em coming, cindy

We are staying at the Divi Villiage from March 22 - March 29, and would like to have dinner at Gianni's.. do you think I would need to make reservations before we leave.. or will we be ok to make them a couple of days before we go for dinner?

Randi,thanks for the update on Giannis,its one of our favorites also.ENJOY YOUR VACATION..

Quote Originally Posted by happyalx View Post
    We are staying at the Divi Villiage from March 22 - March 29, and would like to have dinner at Gianni's.. do you think I would need to make reservations before we leave.. or will we be ok to make them a couple of days before we go for dinner?

I would recommend a reservation before you go, that way you are not disappointed.